Kleton Perntreou 1 Ben Goode
Alex Parsons 2 Lewis Rolfe
Sam Rents 3 David Sota
Darren Rudd 4 Adam Martin
James Crane 5 Kieran Murphy
Joel Colbran 6 Steve Brown
David Ajiboye 7 Dave Pearce
Danny Barker 8 Harry Pearse
Callum Kealy 9 Jefferson Louis
Ricky Aguiar 10 Eoin Casey
Jesse Starkey 11 Ryan Blake
Rhyle Ovenden 12 Max Holland
Jared Rance 14 Jon-Jo Bates
Joe Clarke 15 Ronny Mfinda
Tyrese Mthunzi 16 Jerri Maja
Hayden Skerry 17
Clarke for Aguiar 54 Bates for Martin 71
Rance for Starkey 71 Maja for Casey 71
Holland for Blake 83
Ajiboye 18
Rents 33 Pearse 37
Budd 59 Rolfe 79
Parsons 68
Ajiboye 90+2
Rents 41

Chesham United Man of the Match: Kieran Murphy

Chesham went out of the FA trophy with this narrow defeat to a Worthing side riding high in the Bostik League.  Chesham were overrun in the opening minutes but fought back, helped by the dismissal of Worthing’s Sam Rents just before half-time.  In the end Chesham were unable to break through in an open second half, but the home side were hanging on at the end.

David Sota returned after missing the Gosport game through suspension, allowing Lewis Rolfe to revert to right back in place of Danny Green who has left the club.  With new signing Luke Heneghan ineligible, Chesham only fielded four substitutes.  On their artificial surface Worthing made a strong start but only mustered one effort on goal early on, Sam Rents shooting wide from the edge of the area after his own corner was cleared.  The home side’s early pressure seemed to be lessening when they scored the game’s only goal in the eighteenth minute, Jesse Starkey’s left-wing cross finding David Ajiboye who netted with a powerful header.  Chesham began to come into the game and shortly after the half-hour mark Jefferson Louis crossed from the right to Dave Pearce who could only stab the ball wide from beyond the far post.  Chesham were starting to stretch the home defence, but Jefferson Louis just failed to connect with Ryan Blake’s cross.  Sam Rents then brought down Ryan Blake for the second time in eight minutes and was shown a second yellow card.  Three minutes later Ryan Blake was just off target with a shot from the edge of the area.

Shortly after the restart Jesse Starkey launched a free kick forward, the ball came off the head of David Sota and onto the crossbar before being cleared.  However Chesham were now in the ascendancy and home keeper Kleton Pentreou dived to his right to hold a long-range effort from Eoin Casey.  Shortly before the hour mark a Dave Pearce corner was headed goalwards by Steve Brown but the ball hit the near post and bounced out.  Dave Pearce shot over the bar, Harry Pearse’s shot was beaten away by Pentreou, then Jefferson Louis got on the end of a Ryan Blake cross but Pentreou somehow kept the ball out.  Chesham continued to have the upper hand and Alex Parsons was shown Worthing’s fourth yellow card, all for fouls on Ryan Blake.  On 76 minutes Worthing were wrongly awarded a corner, Darren Budd took it and James Crane’s header smacked against the crossbar and Danny Barker’s follow-up was superbly tipped over by Ben Goode.  Chesham came back and Jerri Maja controlled a Lewis Rolfe cross and shot over, then in stoppage time Harry Pearse’s free kick from 30 yards flew just wide.  However Chesham were not to threaten again and David Ajiboye broke forward into the Chesham area, only to earn a yellow card for a dive as Ben Goode came out to challenge.