Wimborne Town Chesham United
Billy Terrell 1 Sam Beasant
Dan Strugnell 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Billy Maybury 3/14 Lewis Rolfe
Lewis Beale 20/6 Adam Martin
Sam Davidson 4 Kieran Murphy
Callum Chugg 15 Mark Kirby
Luke Holmes 8/17 T’Sharne Gallimore
Curtis Young 7 Zak Joseph
Jamie Henry 12/9 Eoin Casey
Charlie Gunson 10/12 Bradley Clayton
Jack Lovell 11/16 Billie Busari
Stefan Penny 14/11 Dave Pearce
Aiden Shepherd 17/18 Dernell Wynter
Cameron Smith 16/8 Billy Adcock
Scott Arnold 5 Steve Brown
James Langdon 13/19 Sam Jenkins
Penny for Beale 17 Wynter for Joseph 44
Arnold for Davidson 79 Pearce for Busari 59
Shepherd for Lovell 83 Brown for Wynter 90+6
Clayton 81
Chugg 45+5 Martin 58
Strugnell 90 Clayton 72
Chugg 83

Chesham United Man of the Match: Bradley Clayton

After 261 goalless minutes Bradley Clayton broke Chesham’s duck, which was enough to secure victory against a Wimborne side who are still to register a league goal. Once again there was some squad rotation as Kieran Murphy, Adam Martin, Bradley Clayton and Billie Busari started in place of Steve Brown, Billy Adcock and Dernell Wynter – who were all on the bench – and Karl Oliyide.

Playing down the slope in the opening half Chesham had most of the early pressure but without creating any chances.  Midway through the half Wimborne had the game’s first chance, when Stefan Penny crossed from the right and Luke Holmes headed over.  Chesham came to life and Billie Busari’s shot could have caused problems for home keeper Billy Terrell but hit Eoin Casey, then an Adam Martin long throw dropped to Casey whose shot was deflected wide.  Casey then headed over from Jeanmal Prosper’s cross, then the home side had their one near miss of the game.  Charlie Gunson ran at the defence and fired in a shot that Sam Beasant parried, and the loose ball came to Dan Strugnell whose shot beat Beasant but was hooked off the line by Jeanmal Prosper.  However Chesham stayed on top and Billie Busari’s header from Jeanmal Prosper’s cross was saved by Terrell, and Busari’s follow-up was cleared off the line.  Two minutes later Zak Joseph’s free kick from wide on the left found Mark Kirby unmarked at the far post, but he could only head wide.  In the last minute of normal time Dernell Wynter replaced the injured Zak Joseph, and within a minute Wynter had a shot blocked and the ball came to Billie Busari who shot over from just inside the area.  There was still time for the home side to create another chance, when Stefan Penny headed over from a Luke Holmes cross.

The second half started quietly, although Billie Busari shot a couple of yards over following a strong run early on.  Midway through the half Chesham were convinced they should have had a penalty when a defender appeared to handle a Dave Pearce corner.  However Chesham still looked the more likely side to win it and the game’s only goal came nine minutes from time.  Dernell Wynter cut in from the left and his shot was beaten away by Terrell, but the ball came to Bradley Clayton who lifted a shot into the roof of the net from just inside the area.  Two minutes later Callum Chugg, who was booked for a foul on Billie Busari in the first half, brought down Eoin Casey in the centre circle and was shown a second yellow.  Wimborne never looked like retrieving the deficit, and Dernell Wynter and Bradley Clayton missed good chances while Dave Pearce fired in a shot but Terrell saved comfortably.  In the last minute of normal time Pearce curled a free kick round the defensive wall but Terrell dived to turn the ball round the post.