Wimborne Town Chesham United
Cameron Plain 1 Ben Goode
Stefan Penny 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Ashley Wells 3 Kyle Watson
Sam Davidson 4 Adam Martin
Sam Poole 5 Kieran Murphy
Connor Doe 6 Steve Brown
James Stokoe 7 Karl Oliyide
Curtis Young 8 Scott Shulton
Tony Lee 9 Eoin Casey
Luke Burbidge 10 Bradley Clayton
Antonio Diaz 11 Zak Joseph
Joe Byrne 12 Dernell Wynter
Aiden Shepherd 14 Dave Pearce
Fatah Makhloufi 15 Lewis Rolfe
Sam Bayston 16 Ronny Mfinda
Carl Pettefer 17 Mark Kirby
Pettefer for Doe 45 Wynter for Clayton 74
Byrne for Poole 52 Rolfe for Watson 79
Bayston for Stokoe 72 Mfinda for Joseph 90+3
Young 35 Casey 24
Joseph 33
Wells 23 Prosper 15
Doe 40 Joseph 87

Chesham United Man of the Match: Zak Joseph

With most of their promotion rivals inactive Chesham took advantage to move further clear of the chasing pack.  Chesham dominated the early stages of this game and took a two-goal lead, but the home team pulled one back and made Chesham work hard for their win. There were three changes to the starting eleven with Ben Goode returning in goal, Zak Joseph coming in for Dave Pearce and Scott Shulton starting after joining the club from St Albans City in midweek.  Lewis Rolfe also signed from Hitchin Town for his third spell at the club and came on as a substitute in the second half.

Chesham played up the slope but with the wind in the first half, and could have taken the lead in the opening minute but Bradley Clayton shot just over following good work by Zak Joseph on the left.  Shortly afterwards Clayton found some space on the left but his low cross was just ahead of the incoming Karl Oliyide.  The home side had their first serious attack when Tony Lee’s shot was blocked for a corner, and Sam Poole got his head to Luke Burbidge’s kick but Ben Goode tipped over.  However Chesham took the lead shortly afterwards when Ashley Wells was booked for bringing down Bradley Clayton on the edge of the area, Clayton took the kick which was parried by keeper Cameron Plain and Eoin Casey tapped in from close range.  Chesham continued to press and Zak Joseph set up Scott Shulton whose first-time shot was well saved by Plain.  Just after the half-hour Chesham scored a second, Eoin Casey setting up Zak Joseph for a shot from the edge of the area that beat Plain at his near post with the aid of a slight deflection.  At this stage Chesham looked in total control but two minutes later the home team pulled one back, when Tony Lee’s through ball sent Curtis Young clear to slot the ball past the advancing Ben Goode.  Chesham came back and Connor Doe was booked for bringing down Bradley Clayton on the edge of the area, Clayton again took the free kick but his effort lacked power and Plain saved comfortably.

With the wind in their favour in the second half Wimborne created an early chance, but Ben Goode came out smartly to save at the feet of Antonio Diaz.  Chesham came back and Plain dived to save from Bradley Clayton, Zak Joseph fizzed a long-range effort just wide and Karl Oliyide had a shot blocked after Plain punched out a Scott Shulton free kick.  Just after the hour mark Luke Burbidge’s shot was blocked by Ben Goode, then Tony Lee headed over from a Burbidge corner.  Midway through the half Bradley Clayton shot left-footed but Plain saved comfortably.  Chesham then had a let-off when Ben Goode lost a ball in the sun but only conceded a corner, then shortly afterwards another corner was not cleared and Antonio Diaz’s shot was deflected onto the post before being scrambled away.  Chesham rode out the storm and came back, with Eoin Casey and Dernell Wynter combining to set up Karl Oliyide whose shot was tipped round the post by Plain.  The resulting corner was cleared as far as Adam Martin who curled a shot just over the bar.  The home side pushed forward late on as Chesham sat on their lead, but Chesham managed to see out time with no further alarms.