Wimborne Town Chesham United
Gerard Benfield 1 Charlie Taylor
Jordan Lee 2 Ryan Blake
Billy Maybury 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Sam Davidson 4 Lewis Rolfe
Matty Oldring 5 Eoin Casey
Carl Pettefer 6 Adam Martin
Franklyn Clarke 7 Ronny Mfinda
Luke Holmes 8 Billy Adcock
Tobias Holmes 9 Matt Sinclair
Luke Burbridge 10 Bradley Clayton
Sam Bayston 11 Dave Pearce
James Stokoe 12 Jeanmal Prosper
Chad Collins 13 Ben Goode
Lee Francis 14 Luke Heneghan
Aidan Shepherd 15 Jefferson Louis
16 Steve Brown
Stokoe for Bayston 57 Heneghan for Clayton 69
Shepherd for T Holmes 84 Prosper for Adcock 74
Brown for Mfinda
Warner-Eley 55
Davidson 49

Chesham United Man of the Match: Ryan Blake

Chesham finished their season with their third consecutive draw.  A point apiece suited both sides – for Wimborne it made certain that they would not be relegated, while Chesham continued their run of eleven away games without defeat since the turn of the year.  As a result the game had a real end-of-season feel to it and rarely looked like being anything other than goalless. The only change to the starting line-up saw Billy Adcock return in place of Luke Heneghan.  The conditions did not help the standard of football on offer, with a strong swirling wind and a bumpy pitch with a sizeable slope from one side to the other.  In theory Wimborne could still have been relegated, but they would have to lose and the five teams below them would all have to win.

The home team had the better of the early half-chances, and both Tobias Holmes and Luke Burbidge shot wide in the opening twenty minutes.  Midway through the half Ryan Blake’s free kick into the home area was headed goalwards by Ronny Mfinda but home keeper Gerard Benfield saved easily.  From a short corner Lewis Rolfe shot powerfully but wide of the near post, then as half-time approached a mishit shot by Luke Holmes turned into a pass which Tobias Holmes headed across the Chesham goal.

Early in the second half Luke Holmes shot wide after a free kick had been headed out by the Chesham defence.  Two minutes later Chesham were awarded a free kick in the home half, and Wimborne’s Sam Davidson was shown a straight red card for a remark he made to the referee.  Against ten men Chesham began to get the upper hand, and midway through the half Bradley Clayton crossed from the right to Dave Pearce who headed wide of the far post.  Sub Luke Heneghan was straight into the action with a long-range effort that Benfield parried but Ronny Mfinda was just beaten to the loose ball.  After a corner was cleared Ronny Mfinda shot just wide.Late in the game Wimborne had one more chance, when Luke Burbidge set up sub Aidan Shepherd but Charlie Taylor cam out to save at Shepherd’s feet.

However both sides were content with a draw and another clean sheet.  Chesham finished the season with the second-best defensive record in the division, which is a remarkable achievement after conceding 33 goals in their first eleven games.