Weston Super Mare Chesham United
Luke Purnell 1 Sam Beasant
Kieran Thomas 2 Sam Jenkins
Scott Laird 3 Lewis Rolfe
Lloyd Humphries 4 Adam Martin
Sam Avery 5 Kieran Murphy
Aaron Parsons 6 Steve Brown
James Waite 7 Bradley Clayton
Jacob Jagger-Cane 8 T’Sharne Gallimore
Mike Symons 9 Karl Oliyide
Dayle Grubb 10 Jake Cass
Matt Jones 11 Zak Joseph
Greg Tindle 12 Eoin Casey
Chris Knowles 14 Dave Pearce
Nick McCootie 15 Billie Busari
Sam Hendy 16 Reece Yorke
Ryan Jones 17 Ronny Mfinda
Lewis Hall 18 Billy Adcock
Dan McGreevy 19
R Jones for M Jones 69 Casey for Oliyide 63
McCootie for Symons 69 Pearce for Joseph 79
Hendy for Jagger-Cane 75 Mfinda for Cass 88
Grubb pen 15 Cass 8, 56
Oliyide 30
Avery 39 Cass 81
Humphries 82

Chesham United Man of the Match: T’Sharne Gallimore

In their first competitive match for five weeks Chesham produced a fine performance in this FA Trophy tie behind closed doors.  Chesham took control of the game from the off, overcame the loss of the lead to a hotly-disputed penalty, and ultimately won as convincingly as the scoreline suggests. Chesham were without Jeanmal Prosper and Kyle Watson who were both out and Mark Kirby who missed the game due to work commitments.

Chesham started the game on the attack and took the lead in the eighth minute, when Bradley Clayton cut in from the right and crossed into the middle to Jake Cass who scored with a firm header into the roof of the net.  Chesham were looking comfortable but were rocked when Weston’s Keiran Thomas broke into the Chesham area and went down under minimal contact from Lewis Rolfe.  The referee looked to be in a good position and initially gave nothing, but changed his mind after his linesman flagged.  Chesham’s players were incensed but the decision stood and Dayle Grubb converted.  Chesham immediately went back on the attack and Jake Cass’s shot forced home keeper Luke Purnell to dive and push the ball away.  Chesham continued to press and eventually retook the lead on the half-hour, when Bradley Clayton’s weighted through ball allowed Karl Oliyide to side-foot past the advancing keeper into the net.  After a poor clearance by Purnell Bradley Clayton won the ball and set up Jake Cass, but the advancing Purnell just got enough of a touch to deflect the ball into the side netting.  Shortly afterwards Tosh Gallimore mistimed a header from a Bradley Clayton corner, but Lewis Rolfe crossed back in but Jake Cass could only prod the ball over the bar from close range.  Towards half-time Weston’s Sam Avery was booked for a nasty foul on Zak Joseph, then the game threatened to boil over after another crude challenge by James Waite which the referee did not even deem a foul.  There was a confrontation in the centre circle as the players left the field at half-time, but there was no animosity after the interval.

Chesham dominated the opening stages of the second half, and early on Jake Cass just failed to connect with a Bradley Clayton cross.  On 52 minutes Clayton sent Karl Oliyide clear to round Purnell, but Sam Avery got back to clear off the line.  However four minutes later Tosh Gallimore seized on a poor clearance by Purnell and set up Jake Cass who slotted the ball past the advancing keeper to make it 3-1.  Chesham eased off and Weston started to threaten for the first time, Mike Symons missing from close range from a Matt Jones cross.  However Chesham still looked dangerous on the break, and sub Eoin Casey set up Zak Joseph who shot but Purnell blocked with his legs.  Weston had their moments but without threatening to get back in the game, but Chesham were still looking the more dangerous.  Late on Jake Cass rounded Purnell and squared the ball but the home defence just got the ball away before Eoin Casey could pounce