Walton Casuals Chesham United
Alex Tokarcyzk 1 Ben Goode
Bradley Pearce 2 Sam Jenkins
Jay Gasson 3 Kyle Watson
Charlie Fox 4 Jeanmal Prosper
Jerimiah Gyebi 5 Kieran Murphy
Michael Atkinson 6 Mark Kirby
Jack Skinner 7 Dave Pearce
Manolis Gogonas 8 Bayley Brown
Rene Howe 9 Zak Joseph
David Fitzpatrick 10 Bradley Clayton
Rohdell Gordon 11 Karl Oliyide
Joseph Morrison 12 Romario Hart
Andrew Ofosu 14 Dernell Wynter
Cheyce Grant 15 Eoin Casey
Harry Shepherd 16 Ronny Mfinda
Simon Offei 17 Steve Brown
Grant for Fitzpatrick 45 Hart for Oliyide 58
Offei for Skinner 64 Wynter for Clayton 66
Shepherd for Pearce 77 Mfinda for Joseph 71
Howe 81 Oliyide 2, 45+2
Clayton 18, 57
Fox og 54
Wynter 76
Oliyide 79
Atkinson 31 Watson 44
Gyebi 47

Chesham United Man of the Match: Jeanmal Prosper

After not playing for 19 days Chesham made up for lost time with a comprehensive win over struggling Walton Casuals. Chesham took the lead in the second minute, had the game effectively wrapped up by half-time and turned on the style in the second half. The only changes from the win over Poole saw Bayley Brown and Zak Joseph come in for Adam Martin, who was away, and Eoin Casey.

On Walton’s artificial pitch Chesham went ahead in only the second minute, when Zak Joseph challenged for the ball in the opponents’ half and Karl Oliyide burst through the home defence to slot the ball past former Chesham goalkeeper Alex Tokarczyk.  Chesham passed the ball confidently but their second goal on eighteen minutes came from slack defending from the home side.  A corner on the right was taken short, Dave Pearce passed to Bradley Clayton and Clayton scored with a low drive inside the near post from the edge of the area.  Walton’s first serious effort came shortly afterwards when Ben Goode tipped over a long-range effort from Rohdell Gordon, but Chesham were still looking the more dangerous side.  Zak Joseph found space down the left and shot right-footed but his effort flew just past the far post.  Bradley Clayton’s lay-off set up Dave Pearce but his shot lacked power and Tokarczyk saved, then at the other end Jack Skinner ran to the edge of the area only to shoot tamely straight at Ben Goode.  The home side were enjoying a good spell, but in stoppage time Karl Oliyide broke through the centre of the home defence and made it 3-0 with a rising drive into the net.

Walton never looked like getting back into the game after that, but Chesham’s fourth goal on 54 minutes was another gift.  A long clearance from Ben Goode carried right to the edge of the home area, where Charlie Fox’s attempted clearing header looped into his own net with Tokarczyk stranded.  Three minutes later Bradley Clayton scored the goal of the day, a left-footed effort from wide on the right that curled past Tokarczyk into the far top corner.  Chesham were stroking the ball around with all the confidence of a team with a five-goal lead, but Dave Pearce’s free kick was easily saved and Zak Joseph shot high and wide after cutting in from the right.  Midway through the half Walton’s Rohdell Gordon broke clear and drew Ben Goode only to place his effort wide.  However Chesham scored a sixth on 76 minutes, when sub Dernell Wynter shot from out on the right and Tokarczyk allowed the ball to slip inside his near post.  Chesham eased off and Rene Howe headed a consolation from a right-wing cross on 81 minutes.  Walton might have had another consolation late in the game, but Manolis Gogonas shot straight at Ben Goode and Rohdell Gordon fired across goal after cutting in from the left.