Truro City Chesham United
James Hamon 1 Sam Beasant
Rezart Rema 2 Isaiah Jones
Conor Riley-Lowe 3 Kyle Davison-Gordon
Andrew Neal 15/4 Eoin Casey
Shane White 5 Kieran Murphy
Jamie Richards 6 Ronny Mfinda
Josh Barnes 7 Dave Pearce
Will Dean 8 Bradley Clayton
Tyler Harvey 9 James Richardson
Dan Rooney 10 Brandon Barzey
Ryan Brett 11 Yasin Ben Al-Mhanni
Cheick Diabate 12 Deese Kasinga
Euan Pollock 14 Sam Jenkins
Ed Palmer 4/15 Romario Martin-Miles
Zac Hartley 16 Zak Joseph
Rio Gartside 17 James Duncan
Pollock for Neal 64 Jenkins for Mfinda 71
Garside for Rooney 74 Kasinga for Al-Mhanni 71
Martin-Miles for Barzey 87
Neal 2, 60 Clayton 76
Harvey pen 38, 72
Riley-Lowe 64 Murphy 73

Chesham United Man of the Match: Kyle Davison-Gordon

Truro secured their first-ever win over Chesham at the eleventh attempt, although this was a comfortable win over a severely weakened Chesham side. With Mark Kirby and Jaden Thompson-Brissett unavailable, Chesham were missing nine players in total. Kirby’s absence meant that Eoin Casey lined up alongside Kieran Murphy in the centre of defence. James Richardson came in up front alongside Brandon Barzey, signed on dual registration from Hampton and Richmond Borough the previous day, while the third change saw Dave Pearce replace Deese Kasinga. James Duncan registered as a player to make up the numbers on the bench, while Zak Joseph was named as a substitute despite being injured and only able to play in an emergency.

With such a patched-up team Chesham needed to keep things tight early on, but it only took one minute and 50 seconds for Truro to take the lead, Josh Barnes sending Andrew Neal clear to slot the ball past the advancing Sam Beasant.  Both sides played passing football on the immaculate pitch at Plymouth Parkway, and on 15 minutes Ryan Brett’s shot cleared the bar although Truro claimed a corner.  Chesham’s best effort came midway through the half, when Yasin Ben Al-Mhanni’s 30-yard free kick just cleared the bar.  Towards half-time the home side began to increase the tempo of the game, and Connor Riley-Lowe broke forward only to fire the ball across the goal.  On 37 minutes Andrew Dean controlled a through ball from Josh Barnes in the area, only to be shoved over by Eoin Casey as he attempted to turn and Tyler Harvey converted the resulting penalty.  In stoppage time Commor Riley-Lowe fired in another cross-shot that Sam Beasant dived to turn round the post.

Early in the second half Chesham began to string some passes together, and Ronny Mfinda shot powerfully from distance but straight at home keeper James Hamon.  On 56 minutes a sweeping Chesham move ended with Yasin Ben Al-Mhanni shooting just over the top.  However on the hour mark a Truro free kick into the Chesham area was headed out, Shane White crossed back in and Andrew Neal headed in at the far post to make it 3-0.  On 71 minutes Sam Jenkins made his first appearance since being injured in pre-season and Isaiah Jones moved forward into midfield in place of Ronny Mfinda, while Deese Kasinga came on for Yasin Ben Al-Mhanni.  However in the next minute Sam Beasant came out of his area to clear, but was still making his way back when Tyler Harvey lobbed the ball over his head and into the net from wide on the home right.  Chesham did manage a consolation when Bradley Clayton scored with a fine 30-yard shot that went in off a post.  A fine through ball from Clayton then found Deese Kasinga, who broke clear and shot but Hamon tipped over the bar.  Another player signed the previous day, Romario Martin-Miles, came on as a late substitute to become the 29th player used by Chesham in ten games this season.