Salisbury Chesham United
James Hamon 1 Ben Goode
Niall Thompson 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Ryan Law 3 Kyle Watson
Ed Palmer 4 Adam Martin
Harlain Mbayo 5 Mark Kirby
Jamie Richards 6 Steve Brown
Daniel Rooney 7 Zak Joseph
Will Dean 8 Billy Adcock
Tyler Harvey 9 Eoin Casey
Will Swan 10 Bradley Clayton
Ryan Dickson 11 Karl Oliyide
Alex Battle 12 Romario Hart
Rio Garside 14 Dernell Wynter
Austin Booth 15 Bayley Brown
Harrison Davis 16 Dave Pearce
Adel Gafaiti 18/17 Michael Murray
Gafaiti for Mbayo 48 Hart for Oliyide 75
Battle for Swan 79 Wynter for Joseph 77
Garside for Law 82
S Brown 41
Harvey 54 Casey 57
Dean 64 Prosper 81
Richards 75
Dickson 18

Chesham United Man of the Match: Mark Kirby

Chesham replaced Truro at the top of the table after this narrow but hard-fought win.  A difficult pitch put paid to any hopes of a great spectacle, but Chesham played the better football particularly after the home side were reduced to ten men. Kieran Murphy missed the trip as his wife is due to give birth at any time, so Steve Brown partnered Mark Kirby in the centre of defence.  The other three changes saw Adam Martin, Eoin Casey and Karl Oliyide come in for Bayley Brown, Romario Hart and Dave Pearce who were all on the bench.

Truro had a couple of moves early on that came to nothing, and the game was starting to take shape when the home side’s hopes were hit in the eighteenth minute.  Ryan Dickson was shown a straight red card for a studs-up challenge that left Kyle Watson needing lengthy treatment.  Truro attempted to make light of the man disadvantage and Will Swan was just off target with a snap shot from the edge of the area.  However Chesham were starting to take control of the game and won a free kick in a dangerous position, but Zak Joseph’s shot was well off target.  Chesham scored the only goal of the game on 41 minutes, when a throw-in was cleared as far as Billy Adcock who swung in a cross for Steve Brown to head in at the far post.

Chesham continued to look the more likely to score although there was precious little action at either end in the second half.  Billy Adcock’s free kick was comfortably saved by home keeper James Hamon, then Bradley Clayton took another free kick that Hamon stretched to tip over.  Midway through the half Karl Oliyide pulled the ball back from the right to Zak Joseph whose fist-time shot flew over, then at the other end Daniel Rooney’s shot was comfortably saved by Ben Goode.  As the game wore on the home side pushed forward but Chesham’s defence looked solid.  Late in the game a corner from Will Dean came to Tyler Harvey who shot on the turn but Ben Goode stretched to hold his effort.  Eventually Chesham saw the game out with their first away clean sheet of the season, to extend their record of never having lost on this ground in five visits.