Tiverton Town Chesham United
Lewis Williams 1 Sam Beasant
Joe Belsten 2 Isaiah Jones
Craig Woodman 3 Lewis Rolfe
Aaron Dawson 4 Kieran Murphy
Gary Warren 5 Steve Brown
Austen Booth 6 Ronny Mfinda
Louis Morrison 7 Bradley Clayton
Dan Hayfield 8 T’Sharne Gallimore
Matt Wright 9 Eoin Casey
Olaf Koszela 10 Karl Oliyide
Chris Shepherd 11 Zak Joseph
Theo Simpson 12 Adam Martin
Jordan Lam 14/13 Dan Hosier
Neil Martin 15/14 Rudi Plummer
Isaac McCue 16/15 Mark Kirby
Jimmy Weeks 17/16 Kyle Davison-Gordon
Lam for Shephard 69 Davison-Gordon for Gallimore 45
Simpson for Koszela 83 Plummer for Oliyide 75
Martin for Joseph 90
Dawson 67 Brown 36
Davison-Gordon 74
Clayton 80

Chesham United Man of the Match: Lewis Rolfe

If anyone was looking for a tonic after nine months without watching any live football, unfortunately this wasn’t it.  Both sides tried their hardest but this was a game of few chances on a warm afternoon marred by the late dismissal of Bradley Clayton. Chesham were without the injured Sam Jenkins, Kyle Watson and Billy Adcock, while James Richardson was unavailable and Dave Pearce missed the game to be with his wife who is due to give birth.  Dan Hosier was on the bench as goalkeeping cover for Sam Beasant.

The kick-off, which had been brought forward to 1.30, had to be delayed by 25 minutes after Chesham’s coach journey took over five hours in the holiday traffic. Chesham made the brighter start but the first chance fell to home striker Olaf Koszela, whose 14th minute header from Joe Belsten’s cross was smartly saved by Sam Beasant.  Chesham continued to have the upper hand but chances were rare.  Bradley Clayton had a shout for a penalty after his run into the home area but nothing was given.  Towards half-time Eoin Casey shot fiercely but just over from Bradley Clayton’s lay-off, then Lewis Rolfe set up Zak Joseph whose effort was pushed away by keeper Lewis Williams and eventually cleared.

Chesham reshuffled at half-time as Tosh Gallimore was feeling unwell, so Lewis Rolfe moved into midfield and Kyle Davison-Gordon came on for his debut at left back.  Early in the second half Karl Oliyide and Bradley Clayton combined to set up Eoin Casey whose shot was blocked by a sliding challenge from a home defender.  Tiverton won a free kick which Olaf Koszela took but Sam Beasant was able to tip the ball over, but Chesham continued to look the more likely to break through.  Lewis Rolfe won the ball in midfield and fed Karl Oliyide who ran on but shot wide, then a good move down the left ended with Zak Joseph’s shot being blocked by Williams and Ronny Mfinda firing over from the loose ball.  In the final quarter the home side began to put pressure on for the first time in the match, but the final stages were marred by two late incidents.  Ten minutes from time Bradley Clayton was sent off after tangling with Joe Belsten after the ball had gone, when the home side claimed that Clayton had kicked out.  Tiverton tried to take advantage and Dan Hayfield had a shot deflected behind for a corner.  On 87 minutes Sam Beasant came out of his area to clear, only to be flattened by a late challenge from Matt Wright that the referee and his assistant somehow failed to see.  After lengthy treatment Beasant was able to resume but Chesham saw out the remaining minutes with few alarms.