Tiverton Town Chesham United
Liam Armstrong 1 Ben Goode
Jordan Dyer 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Callum Hall 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Jamie Price 4 Adam Martin
Ben Mammola 5 Kieran Murphy
Tom Gardner 6 Lewis Rolfe
Michael Landricombe 7 Billy Adcock
Steve Colwell 8 Ryan Blake
Tom Bath 9 Eoin Casey
Levi Landricombe 10 Luke Heneghan
Harrison Davis 11 Bradley Clayton
Scott Rogers 12 Ronny Mfinda
Ethan Phillips 14 Matt Sincalir
Stewart Yetton 15 Romario Martin-Miles
Max Smallcombe 16 Jefferson Louis
Josh Wadham 17 Michael Murray
Yetton for Gardner 64 Mfinda for Heneghan 80
Wadham for Hall 64 Sinclair for Blake 87
Martin-Miles for Prosper 90+6
Rolfe 365
Martin pen 90+6
Price 62 Adcock 16

Chesham United Man of the Match: Adam Martin

Chesham can finally breathe easy after reaching the 50-point mark that surely removes the threat of relegation. Chesham produced some fine football in this game, particularly in the second half and a late penalty meant that the final scoreline was a fair reflection of the play. Jefferson Louis and Dave Pearce were replaced in the starting XI by Eoin Casey and Ryan Blake, who returned from suspension along with Adam Martin which meant that Ronny Mfinda dropped to the bench.

Chesham made a strong start and in the seventh minute Luke Heneghan’s free kick glanced off the head of Kieran Murphy and flew just over the bar.  The home side then had their best moments of the evening, firstly when Harrison Davis’ shot was parried by Ben Goode and hastily cleared, then Tom Bath’s header was tipped over by Goode.  The game then went into a quiet phase until the half-hour mark, when Ryan Blake found some space on the right but his cross-shot was tipped away by home keeper Liam Armstrong.  A long-range effort from Billy Adcock then glanced off the head of Tom Gardner and out for a corner.  A couple of minutes later a corner was cleared, Billy Adcock played the ball back in and after a scramble Lewis Rolfe was able to turn it into the net from close range.  Tiverton came back with Tom Bath heading over from a Harrison Davis corner, but Chesham finished the half with Eoin Casey heading just over from a corner taken by Luke Heneghan.

Early in the second half Ben Goode tipped over a looping header from Jordan Dyer, but after that the home side faded as an attacking force as Chesham took control of the game.  Shortly before the hour mark Eoin Casey broke clear on the left and shot, but Armstrong parried and the follow-up was blocked at the expense of a corner.  Luke Heneghan’s kick was cleared as far as Ryan Blake who shot just wide, then in the next minute Bradley Clayton cut inside from wide on the right but his shot hit the head of Jamie Price and flew just over.  Tiverton made a double substitution and briefly rallied but Chesham were soon back on top, and on 76 minutes Luke Heneghan hit a firm shot straight at Armstrong.  On 86 minutes sub Ronny Mfinda won the ball on the edge of the home area and shot but the ball just missed the post with Armstrong beaten, then in the next minute Billy Adcock’s shot beat the keeper but was just wide.  In the fifth minute of stoppage time Luke Warner-Eley broke forward and was about to pull the ball back from the by-line when he was tripped by Ben Mammola.  Adam Martin sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot, which allowed Romario Martin-Miles to make his debut with a sub appearance that lasted about ten seconds.