Taunton Town Chesham United
Lloyd Irish 1 Alex Tokarczyk
Pierce Mitchell 2 Benji Crilley
Shane White 3 Ben Walster
Ben Adelsbury 4 Matt Bevans
Josh Nelmes 5 Lewis Rolfe
Matt Buse 6 Adam Martin
Ollie Chamberlain 7 Jon-Jo Bates
Ryan Brett 8 Bradley Clayton
Matt Wright 9 Ryan Blake
Dan Sullivan 10 Dejon Noel-Williams
Andrew Neal 11 Dave Pearce
Craig Veal 12 Oran Swales
Nuno Felix 14 Jefferson Louis
Douglas Camilo 15 Connor Toomey
Brett Trowbridge 16 Richard Platt
Keith Emmerson 17 Max Holland
Veal for Irish 45 Toomey for Martin 45
Felix for Mitchell 66 Louis for Blake 56
Camilo for Neal 82 Holland for Bates 69
Neal 11, 17, 30
Wright 49
Buse 53 Clayton 25

Chesham United Man of the Match: Bradley Clayton

Chesham remain rooted to the foot of the table after this comprehensive defeat by high-flying Taunton.  Chesham were never in the game after conceding three times in the opening half-hour, and a fourth goal just after half-time made the rest of the game a non-event. After Tuesday’s League Cup tie Chesham reverted to the team that beat Biggleswade in the FA Cup with one exception, Jon-Jo Bates coming in for Sam Barker.  Darren Locke was close to full fitness and travelled down on the coach but eventually was not risked.

Chesham started well and in the opening minute Adam Martin set up Dejon Noel-Williams who shot over the bar, then a 30-yard effort from Dave Pearce flew just over.  Taunton’s first attack ended with Pierce Mitchell cutting in from the right and swerving a shot past the far post, but two minutes later the home team took the lead when Andrew Neal seized on a loose ball and rounded Alex Tokarczyk to score.  Shsortly afterwards Taunton’s Matt Buse shot past the far post, but on 17 minutes Chesham’s defence was opened up again.  Neal’s shot was blocked in the area, but Benji Crilley and Alex Tokarczyk hesitated and Neal was able to follow up and side-foot into the unguarded net.  On the half-hour a long ball was headed on by Matt Wright and Neal shot past Alex Tokarczyk into the far corner of the net to complete his hat-trick.  It could have been worse for Chesham but Dan Sullivan’s shot was parried by Tokarczyk and cleared by Matt Bevans, then Sullivan ran clear but shot hurriedly and well wide.

Both sides were forced to make half-time substitutions, Taunton taking off goalkeeper Lloyd Irish and putting outfield player Craig Veal into goal, while Chesham replaced the injured Adam Martin with Connor Toomey, moving Ben Walster into the centre of defence and Matt Bevans into midfield.  However in the fourth minute of the second half Shane White crossed to the far post for the unmarked Matt Wright to head the home team’s fourth.  Chesham brought on Jefferson Louis for his first appearance since rejoining the club in the week, but the game was clearly long gone.  Chesham looked for a consolation but Dave Pearce’s free kick was saved by Veal, then Dejon Noel-Williams turned and shot into the side netting.  Midway through the half Bradley Clayton’s pass sent Dave Pearce clear but his shot was parried by Veal as the keeper came out.  In stoppage time Max Holland seized on a misplaced pass by Douglas Camilo and broke clear, but Veal dived to his left to keep out the resulting shot.