Swindon Supermarine Chesham United
Martin Horsell 1 Jonathan North
Bradley Gray 2 Sam Jenkins
Louis Spalding 3 Kyle Watson
James Edge 4 Adam Martin
Matt Coupe 5 Mark Kirby
Mat Liddiard 6 Steve Brown
Henry Spalding 7 Jeanmal Prosper
Brad Hooper 8 Ronny Mfinda
Harry Williams 9 Zak Joseph
Connor McDonagh 10 Karl Oliyide
Ryan Campbell 11 Sandro Costa
Stuart Fleetwood 12 Eoin Casey
Joe Shepherd 14 Romario Hart
Dave Bampton 15 Dernell Wynter
Josh Milsom 16 Kieran Murphy
17 Michael Murray
Fleetwood for McDonagh 68 Wynter for Martin 66
Shepherd for H Spalding 81 Hart for Costa 77
Hooper pen 5 Oliyide 90+5
Fleetwood 90+1
Hooper 75
Edge 89

Chesham United Man of the Match: Jonathan North

Chesham missed out on the chance to return to the top of the table. This was not a great performance but Chesham could feel aggrieved at two major refereeing decisions, both of which went against them and which effectively decided the outcome. After the midweek win in the League Cup, Karl Oliyide and Jeanmal Prosper returned to the side, but not Dave Pearce who was missing after becoming a father the day before. Kyle Watson also returned in place of David Sota.

The game got off to a dramatic start, when Mat Liddiard rose to head Jamie Edge’s corner and Jonathan North tipped the ball onto the bar from where it bounced down and was eventually scrambled clear. However the referee eventually stopped play to award the home side a penalty, apparently because the ball had bounced up and hit a defender on the arm although it was difficult to see how it could have been intentional.  Jonathan North went the right way but was unable to keep out Brad Hooper’s spot-kick.  Chesham came back with Karl Oliyide firing a shot straight at home keeper Martin Horsell, then Mark Kirby headed on a Zak Joseph corner and Jeanmal Prosper’s shot was cleared off the line by Louis Spalding.  After 20 minutes Sandro Costa turned a low cross from Adam Martin just wide of the near post.  Chesham enjoyed the greater share of possession although neither side created any chances until shortly before half-time.  Steve Brown’s hurried clearance hit Mark Kirby in an unfortunate place and rebounded to Conor McDonagh whose smart shot was well saved by Jonathan North.

In the opening minute of the second half Chesham had a goal disallowed.  Horsell parried a Zak Joseph shot and blocked Ronny Mfinda’s follow-up, and Sandro Costa netted the loose ball only for the referee to penalise Mfinda who did not seem to do anything wrong.  Chesham upped the pace again but the home defence stood firm, although a strong run from Sandro Costa finished with a shot that was just past the far post.  Midway through the half Sandro Costa’s header from a Dernell Wynter cross was tipped round the post by Horsell, although the referee astounded everyone by awarding a goal kick.  Late in the game Chesham threw everything forward and were caught on the break but Mark Kirby got back to deny Stuart Fleetwood.  Horsell scrambled to hold on to a Ronny Mfinda effort, then in the next minute Jonathan North produced a fine save to keep out Joe Shepherd’s long-range shot.  As the game went in to stoppage time a Chesham corner was cleared and Karl Oliyide tried to avoid passing back to Jonathan North, but only succeeded in letting in Stuart Fleetwod who rolled the ball past the advancing keeper and into the vacant net.  In the fifth minute of stoppage time Karl Oliyide kept up Chesham’s record of scoring in every game this season with a neat finish after the ball ran loose in the home area, but it came too late for a final charge on the home goal.