Manny Agboola 1 Alex Tokarczyk
George Pilbeam 2 Benji Crilley
Bill Montague 3 Connor Toomey
Robby Mete Badolo Lobonza 4 Matt Bevans
Ryan Handelaar 5 Ben Walster
Brendan Murphy-McVey 6 Darren Locke
Ruudi Clarke 7 Danny Green
George Boland 8 Lewis Rolfe
Lu Ndovi 9 Ryan Blake
George Fry 10 Bradley Clayton
Thomas Gogo 11 Oran Swales
Akeeb Adeyemo 13/12 Scott McGleish
Harry Wickens 14 Devonte Totesaut
Luca Charles-Valentine 15 Jon-Jo Bates
Harry Stow 16 Nathan Webb
Ciaran Gordon-Stearn 32/17 Matthew Hall
Charles-Valentine for Fry 62 Bates for Toomey 62
Stow for Ndovi 81 McGleish for Green 75
Adeyemo for Lobonza 85 Webb for Swales 75
Clarke 55, 88 Locke 75
Stow 86
Agboola 90+2 Rolfe 54
Bevans 69
Rolfe 65

Chesham United Man of the Match: Darren Locke

Chesham sank to the bottom of the table and are still without a point after three matches of the new season.  Chesham dominated the first half and could have wrapped the game up had they taken their chances, but it was a different story in the second half. Chesham made four changes from the starting line-up against Metropolitan Police in midweek, with Kieran Murphy and Adam Martin injured and Scott McGleish and Devonte Totesaut on the bench.  Lewis Rolfe came in to form a three-man back line with Darren Locke and Ben Walster. Connor Toomey started as left wing-back, and the line-up was completed by Danny Green and new signing Bradley Clayton.

Chesham took early charge of the game, and in the fifth minute Matt Bevans’ lay-off set up Ryan Blake whose shot beat home keeper Manny Agboola but clipped the far post.  Two minutes later Agboola parried a low cross from Oran Swales, the ball was partly cleared and Connor Toomey’s hurried shot was well wide.  In the twelfth minute a right-wing corner from Connor Toomey came through to Ryan Blake beyond the far post, but his first-time side-footed effort flew over the bar.  Shortly afterwards Toomey crossed low from the left to Ryan Blake who side-footed over.  Chesham continued to dominate and a good move on the right set up Oran Swales whose low drive was well saved by Agboola, then Ryan Blake won the ball and set up Bradley Clayton whose first shot was blocked and the follow-up tipped over by Agboola.  As half-time approached Danny Green set up Oran Swales for a shot that Agboola dived to his left to save.  Staines had their first effort on goal on 43 minutes but Lu Ndovi’s effort was comfortably saved by Alex Tokarczyk.  The half ended with a Bradley Clayton corner which came to the feet of Darren Locke who could only mishit the ball past the far post.

In the second half the home side began to come into the game but without really threatening the Chesham defence.  However on 55 minutes Thomas Gogo fired in a shot that Alex Tokarczyk pushed away, the ball ran loose and Ruudi Clarke netted from close range.  Chesham changed the formation with Jon-Jo Bates coming on for Connor Toomey and Ben Walster reverting to left-back, but three minutes later Lewis Rolfe was shown a second yellow card for hauling back Thomas Gogo.  Matt Bevans dropped back into the centre of defence and Chesham began to look like a beaten side.  However on 72 minutes Agboola conceded an indirect free kick for taking too long to clear, Ben Walster’s shot was blocked at the expense of a corner, which Walster took and Darren Locke headed in at the far post for Chesham’s first goal of the season.  Suddenly Chesham began to look like the more likely winners, and five minutes from time nearly scored an identical goal but Darren Locke’s header was just off target.  However in the next minute the home side broke forward and Gogo’s left-wing cross was turned in by substitute Harry Stow.  Chesham wilted and two minutes later Clarke added a third with a low shot across Alex Tokarczyk into the corner of the net.  In the last minute of normal time Scott McGleish set up Bradley Clayton for a powerful shot which was well saved by Agboola.