Salisbury Chesham United
Jake Hallett 1 Ben Goode
Elliot Wheeler 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Joshua Sommerton 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Thomas Whelan 4 Ronny Mfinda
Matthew Partridge 5 Kieran Murphy
Chris Shephard 6 Lewis Rolfe
Lewis Benson 7 Billy Adcock
Aaron Dawson 8 Bradley Clayton
Dan Fitchett 9 Jefferson Louis
Luke Hopper 10 Luke Heneghan
Jack Sparkes 11 Dave Pearce
Chris Flood 12 Eoin Casey
13 Charlie Taylor (GK)
Kane O’Keefe 14 Matt Sinclair
Bay Downing 15
Darren Mullings 16
Daniel Young 17 Michael Murray
Downing for Shephard 63 Sinclair for Heneghan 67
Flood for Hopper 63 Casey for Clayton 78
O’Keefe for Dawson 90+1
Flood 76 Clayton 32
Hopper 41 Mfinda 22
Whelan 44 Rolfe 55
Shephard 62 Heneghan 61
Downing 89 Goode 74
Adcock 87

Chesham United Man of the Match: Jefferson Louis

Chesham gained a fully deserved draw against promotion-chasing Salisbury. Chesham were the better side in the first half and well worth their interval lead, which they looked like holding on to until a rare defensive lapse gave the home team an equaliser. With Adam Martin and Ryan Blake both suspended, Ronny Mfinda and Bradley Clayton started with Luke Heneghan came in for Eoin Casey who was on the bench alongside new signing Matt Sinclair.  With Steve Brown still out, Chesham only named four substitutes including joint manager Michael Murray and back-up goalkeeper Charlie Taylor.  Dave Pearce took the armband with Steve Brown (injured) and Adam Martin (suspended).

Chesham were on top from the start but their first real opportunity did not come until the fifteenth minute, when Bradley Clayton’s shot was held by keeper Jake Hallett.  Three minutes later a low cross from Dave Pearce came off Matthew Partridge to Luke Heneghan who shot just wide from a good position.  In the next minute Dave Pearce won the ball in the Salisbury half, and set up Heneghan who again shot just wide of the far post.  Just after the half-hour mark Luke Warner-Eley’s cross was headed down at the far post by Jefferson Louis, and Bradley Clayton drove the ball past Hallett to give Chesham the lead.  Salisbury started to show more urgency and Chris Shephard’s shot was acrobatically saved by Ben Goode although the ball seemed to be going wide anyway.  Four minutes later Lewis Benson set up Dan Fitchett whose shot took a deflection and flew just over.  The half finished with a shot on the turn from Jefferson Louis that Hallett saved low to his right.

Early in the second half Lewis Benson’s shot was blocked, Dan Fitchett’s follow-up was also blocked and eventually Ben Goode was able to grab the ball.  Just after the hour mark the home side made a double substitution, but Chesham again came close when Lewis Rolfe’s free kick was headed out to Bradley Clayton whose shot was well parried by Hallett.  Shortly afterwards home sub Chris Flood’s shot on the turn flew well over, but Chesham came back with a hurried shot from Jefferson Louis that was just over the bar.  The home side were not threatening to get back in the game but on 76 minutes Ben Goode dropped a long cross from the home right, Dan Fitchett squared and Chris Flood netted from close range.  Both sides had half-chances to win it late on, although the flow of the game was not helped by a fussy referee who somehow managed to show nine yellow cards in all.  From a Dave Pearce corner Jefferson Louis had a shot blocked, then from another corner Eoin Casey’s header was comfortably saved by Hallett.  Deep in stoppage time Salisbury’s last chance came when a long ball into the Chesham area was partly cleared and Chris Flood shot well over.