Poole Town Chesham United
Tommy Scott 1 Sam Beasant
Luke Holmes 16/2 Alison Ferreira de Paiva
Sam Jackson 3/17 Isaiah Jones
Will Spetch 15/4 Kieran Murphy
Jamie Whisken 5 Eoin Casey
Dan Bartlett 6 Ronny Mfinda
Josh Carmichael 7 Deese Kasinga
Teddy Davey 15/8 Jordan Gibbons
Tony Lee 9 Kylian Kouassi
Luke Burbridge 10 Karl Oliyide
Jack Dickson 11 Bradley Clayton
Joe Wickham 12 Yasin Ben El-Mhanni
Sean Wright 14 Lewis Rolfe
Brooklyn Genesini 18/15 Mark Kirby
Declan Rose 2/16 Sam Jenkins
Adwell Chipangura 17/3 Chinua Cole
Rose for Holmes 68 Ben El-Mhanni for Kasinga 75
Chipangura for Burbridge 76 Jenkins for Oliyide 85
Spetch 32 Casey 34
Carmichael 82 Gibbons 38
Casey 84

Chesham United Man of the Match: Eoin Casey

Chesham managed to make it seven points from their last three matches with this draw.  Chesham have now played on this ground five times without scoring a single goal, a sequence that rarely looked like coming to an end on this occasion.  However Chesham did the better of the few efforts on goal in a dull game. Bradley Clayton returned to the side in place of Yasin Ben El-Mhanni and Deese Kasinga replaced Lewis Rolfe.  The third change saw Alison Ferreira start, originally in place of Isaiah Jones but Jones retook his place in the side after Chinua Cole was injured in the warm-up.

The game had the look of a goalless draw from early on, and it was not until the 26th minute that either side threatened to break through.  Chesham won a free kick thirty yards from goal and Bradley Clayton’s shot brought a fine save from home keeper Tommy Scott as the ball seemed destined for the top corner.  Shortly afterwards Deese Kasinga crossed from the left and Kylian Kouassi headed over.  In stoppage time Poole had their best moment of the half, when Tony Lee’s header from a corner was cleared by Eoin Casey.

Early in the second half Karl Oliyide crossed into the area, Eoin Casey headed back across goal and Ronny Mfinda mishit a shot wide.  That was the sum total of the goalmouth action until the last few minutes.  On 76 minutes Poole brought on Addwell Chipangura, who in September suffered a potentially serious injury playing for Wimborne against Chesham when Matt Loomes saved the day.  Six minutes from time Eoin Casey was shown a second yellow card, a harsh decision following an innocuous foul.  Sam Jenkins came on to take his place in the centre of defence and Chesham saw out the game without any alarms, although Teddy Davey tried an ambitious effort from wide on the right that landed on top of the net.  Chesham actually came closer to winning the game late on, when Kylian Kouassi shot from fully 35 yards and Scott stretched to tip the ball over.  In the fourth minute of stoppage time Bradley Clayton set up Kouassi for another shooting chance, but Scott dived to his right to save.