Lewis Webb 1 Ben Goode
Connor Young 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Matthew Harris 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Ashley Evans 4 Adam Martin
Craig McDonnell 5 Kieran Murphy
Kyle Patten 6 Steve Brown
Tom Meechan 7 Billy Adcock
Lee Lucas 8 Bradley Clayton
Ryan Prosser 14/9 Jefferson Louis
Kerry Morgan 10 Eoin Casey
Ian Traylor 11 Dave Pearce
Craig Reddy 12 Jon-Jo Bates
Cav Williams 9/14 Ronny Mfinda
Reuben Mackay 15
Kieran Lewis 16 Luke Heneghan
Gavin Williams 17 Michael Murray
C Williams for Meechan 63 Bates for Martin 68
Reddy for Traylor 83 Mfinda for Louis 77
Morgan 64
Harris 25 Murphy 65
Lucas 80 Martin 67

Chesham United Man of the Match: Steve Brown

Chesham’s run of three consecutive wins came to an end with this narrow defeat.  For a long time this looked certain to be a goalless draw, but Kerry Morgan came up with a spectacular long-range effort to win it for the home team.

Chesham were unchanged from the win over Swindon Supermarine two weeks before.  However with Darren Locke having joined Hendon and Ryan Blake away, Chesham could only name four substitutes including joint manager Michael Murray.  Neither side created much in a dull first half, but Chesham looked the more likely of the two teams to break through.  In the eleventh minute Bradley Clayton dispossessed Matthew Harris and shot but Lewis Webb in the home goal was able to save comfortably, then Jefferson Louis shot just over after good work from Eoin Casey and Dave Pearce.  At the other end Craig McDonnell headed over from an Ian Traylor free kick, but Chesham came back and Eoin Casey’s shot on the turn flew just over the top.  Just after the half-hour mark Ian Traylor crossed to Kerry Morgan who shot wide from beyond the far post, but Chesham again too control and Dave Pearce hooked the ball just past the post from Bradley Clayton’s pass.

The second half continued in the same pattern, with Chesham looking the more dangerous but only creating half-chances.  Eoin Casey, Steve Brown twice, and Jefferson Louis all had efforts off target while Dave Pearce’s hooked shot was turned round the post by Lewis Webb.  However just after the hour mark Kerry Morgan scored the game’s only goal out of the blue, with a 35-yard drive that flew into the top corner of the net.  Chesham pushed forward with greater urgency and Merthyr looked to take advantage.  Soon after the goal Craig McDonnell netted from a corner but the whistle had already gone, then sub Cav Williams broke forward and shot just wide.  At the other end Bradley Clayton and Jon-Jo Bates both shot off target, then a Jeanmal Prosper long cross was headed across goal to Jon-Jo Bates whose first-time effort flew just wide.  As Chesham threw everything forward in stoppage time their last chance came and went, when a long ball dropped to Bradley Clayton in the area but his shot was saved by Webb low down to his left.