Charlie Burns 1 Alex Tokarczyk
Kavan Cotter 2 Richard Platt
Callum Adebiyi 3 Connor Toomey
Jorell Johnson 4 Matt Bevans
Gary Connolly 5 Ben Walster
Elliott Godfrey 6 Benji Crilley
Lee Stobbs 7 Danny Green
Steve Ward 8 Lewis Rolfe
Rene Howe 9 Ryan Blake
Mitchell Weiss 10 Bradley Clayton
Josh Coldicott-Stevens 11 Oran Swales
Dean Hitchcock 12 Matthew Hall
Harry Tucker 14 Adam Martin
Davide Pobbe 15 Devonte Totesaut
Aidan Collins 16 Scott McGleish
Edu Toiny-Pendred 17 Charlie Brooks
Hitchcock for Ward 72 Martin for Green 67
Toiny-Pendred for Howe 77 McGleish for Crilley 72
Pobbe for Weiss 87 Totesaut for Rolfe 77
Howe 44
Godfrey 90 Rolfe 27

Chesham United Man of the Match: Connor Toomey

Chesham are still without a point after five matches, after going down to a Kings Langley team only one point better off at the start of play.  Once again Chesham had plenty of possession in the first half only to concede shortly before half-time, and rarely looked like retrieving the situation after the break. Once again Chesham were forced to reshuffle, with Kieran Murphy and Darren Locke ruled out by injuries sustained in Saturday’s defeat by Weymouth.  They were replaced by Benji Crilley and Connor Toomey, with Ben Walster again switching to the centre of defence.  Lewis Rolfe and Ryan Blake also returned, replacing Adam Martin and Devonte Totesaut who were on the bench.

Chesham started the game on the front foot, and in the second minute Matt Bevans swung in a free kick from wide on the left that home keeper Charlie Burns tipped over the bar.  The home team’s first chance came when Steve Ward headed over from a cross by Callum Adebiyi.  However Chesham were on top for most of the half, and Ryan Blake crossed from the left to Oran Swales who could not direct his header on target.  On 27 minutes the home side had a major let-off when Bradley Clayton broke into the area and crossed, and Gary Connolly turned the ball against his own post from where it rebounded away from goal.  On the half-hour Connor Toomey broke forward and sent Bradley Clayton clear but Burns spread himself to save, then Ryan Blake burst into space on the right and shot across goal but Burns tipped the ball past the post.  Kings Langley then had a great chance when Lee Stobbs crossed and Mitchell Weiss completely missed the ball in front of goal.  At the other end Connor Toomey broke into the home penalty area and shot across goal, but two minutes later Kings Langley scored the only goal of the game.  Matt Bevans’ clearance from the edge of his own area went straight to Mitchell Weiss, who set up veteran striker Rene Howe who shot inside the near post for a goal on his home debut for the club.

Chesham’s heads went down in the second half and they never produced the same standard of football as they had in the first.  On 63 minutes the home side seemed certain to add to their lead, when Rene Howe’s mishit shot came to Mitchell Weiss who turned the ball across goal but off target.  Chesham brought on Scott McGleish and changed formation but to little effect, and the home side came closer to scoring when Jorell Johnson got his head to a Lee Stobbs corner but Connor Toomey headed off the line.  In the last minute of normal time Elliott Godfrey was booked for a foul on Oran Swales on the right touchline, Ben Walster swung in the resulting free kick to the near post, and the ball eventually dropped to Devonte Totesaut who hooked it over the bar in a crowded penalty area.