Hendon Chesham United
Chris Grace 1 Ben Goode
Howard Hall 2 Sam Jenkins
Charlie Smith 3 Kyle Watson
Sam Corcoran 4 Adam Martin
Tom Hamblin 5 Kieran Murphy
Luke Tingey 6 Steve Brown
Arash Abdollahi 7 Ryan Blake
Matty Harriott 8 Danny Taylor
Tahjae Anderson 9 Eoin Casey
Kameron English 10 Romario Hart
Lucsa Valentine 11 Dave Pearce
Connor Calcutt 12 Jefferson Louis
Lee Chappell 14 Karl Oliyide
Ryan Hope 15 Dernell Wynter
Dan Williams 16 Sandro Costa
Max Hunter 17 Rhys Martin
Chappell for Corcoran 58 Oliyide for Blake 63
Hope for Abdollahi 58 Wynter for Pearce 63
Calcutt for Valentine 61 Costa for Casey 77
Anderson 36 Wynter 83
Calcutt 71
Smith 89
English 60 Jenkins 40
Chappell 80

Chesham United Man of the Match: Adam Martin

Chesham missed out on the chance to go top of the table after falling to defeat against previously winless Hendon.  On a sweltering afternoon on Hendon’s artificial surface Chesham dominated the game for long periods, but finished with nothing to show for it. Danny Taylor made his debut in midfield in place of Mark Kirby who was away, while Eoin Casey, Romario Hart and Dave Pearce swapped places with Jefferson Louis, Karl Oliyide and Dernell Wynter.

Early in the game Ben Goode dived to turn a speculative shot from Kameron English round the post, but Chesham soon took control.  Eoin Casey hooked Ryan Blake’s cross towards goal but home keeper Chris Grace saved comfortably, then Grace reacted smartly to save Dave Pearce’s shot from wide on the left.  Pearce’s free kick then found the head of Eoin Casey but Grace tipped over.  Chesham continued to push forward and Grace was again called into action when Ryan Blake set up a chance for Romario Hart.  However the course of the game changed on 36 minutes, when Tahjae Anderson fired in a speculative shot that beat Ben Goode to his left to give the home team the lead.

Early in the second half Steve Brown headed over from Dave Pearce’s free kick, then Eoin Casey headed a Pearce corner straight at Grace.  Both teams made substitutions around the hour mark, which benefited the home side who began to look dangerous for the first time.  However it was still against the run of play when Connor Calcutt doubled the home team’s lead on 71 minutes, tapping in after Ryan Hope’s shot had come back off the post.  Chesham still pushed forward but the home defence held firm, until Dernell Wynter headed in a Danny Taylor corner to halve the deficit on 83 minutes.  As Chesham pressed for an equaliser Hendon were awarded a free kick 30 yards out, and Charlie Smith lifted the ball over the wall and into the top corner of the net to seal the win.  Deep in stoppage time Steve Brown headed wide from Adam Martin’s long cross and Grace pushed away a free kick from Danny Taylor, but was all to be to no avail.