Hendon Chesham United
Danny Boness 1 Ben Goode
Howard Hall 2 James Hammond
Lee Chappell 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Brendan Murphy-McVey 4 Adam Martin
Scott McGleish 5 Kieran Murphy
Adam Pepera 6 Steve Brown
Lewis Toomey 7 Billy Adcock
Matty Harriott 8 Ryan Blake
Connor Calcutt 9 Jefferson Louis
Shaq Hippolyte-Patrick 10 Jerri Maja
Shaun Lucien 11 Dave Pearce
Gianni Crichlow 12 Eoin Casey
Prince Mbengui 14 Bradley Clayton
Taishan Griffith 15 Luke Heneghan
Tyriq Hunte 16 Ronny Mfinda
Bayley Brown 17 David Sota
Crichlow for Lucien 60 Clayton for Maja 68
Hunte for Toomey 68 Casey for Louis 75
Griffith for Chappell 81
Clayton 90+2
Pepera 45 Brown 62
Hippolyte-Patrick 61 Murphy

Chesham United Man of the Match: Adam Martin

Chesham secured their fifth win in seven games with a stoppage-time goal from Bradley Clayton.  This was far from a classic, but Chesham just about deserved their win as they created the better chances. There were five changes to the starting line-up – Adam Martin, Jefferson Louis and Dave Pearce were all recalled after being rested on Saturday, Jerri Maja replaced Eoin Casey and new signing James Hammond made his debut in place of the injured Jeanmal Prosper.

Playing on an artificial surface for the fifth time in seven away games, Chesham’s defence was hardly troubled all afternoon but there were few chances against a home defence that included former Chesham men Scott McGleish and Adam Pepera.  Early on Jefferson Louis set up two shooting chances, one which Ryan Blake hit just over and Jerri Maja having an effort saved by home keeper Danny Boness.  Billy Adcock shot just over from 25 yards, and Ryan Blake shot into the side netting from wide on the right, and that was the sum total of the first-half action.

Early in the second half there was a remarkable scramble in the home goalmouth after Kieran Murphy headed a Dave Pearce free kick across goal, Jerri Maja hooked the ball against the bar then Kieran Murphy headed against the bar before eventually the home defence cleared for a corner.  Dave Pearce took the kick which was cleared, Adam Martin crossed back in and Jerri Maja headed just over.  Dave Pearce’s shot on the turn was held by Boness, then the home side had their first effort on goal when Brendan Murphy-McVey’s free kick flew just wide with the aid of a deflection.  However Chesham went back on the attack and Dave Pearce had a shot deflected just wide.  Late in the game Bradley Clayton’s first-time shot was saved by Boness, then at the other end Connor Calcutt was just off target with a shot on the turn.  Clayton then had two shots off target as the game looked to be petering out into a tame draw.  However in the second minute of stoppage time Clayton passed to Eoin Casey, ran on to the back-heeled return pass and slotted past Boness to seal an important win.