Hayes & Yeading Chesham United
Jack Smith 1 Sam Beasant
Bay Downing 2 Sam Jenkins
Jordan Norville-Williams 3 Lewis Rolfe
Jack Williams 4/15 Mark Kirby
Liam McDevitt 5 Kieran Murphy
Keano Robinson 6 Adam Martin
Scott Donnelly 7 Zak Joseph
Omar Rowe 8 Billy Adcock
Karl Cunningham 9 Eoin Casey
Francis Amartey 10 Jake Cass
Sanmi Odelusi 11 Bradley Clayton
Denzell Williams 12 Dave Pearce
Marcus Johnson-Schuster 14 Kyle Watson
Rico Greco 15/16 Tyrone Lewthwaite
Jamie Hanlon 16/17 Karl Oliyide
Samir Bajja 17/18 Jeanmal Prosper
Bajja for Odelusi 55 Oliyide for Casey 56
Greco for Cunningham 84 Pearce for Joseph 88
Amartey 31 Cass pen 59
Rowe 62 Kirby 80
Robinson 30 Kirby 37
Odelusi 45+2 Murphy 45+2
Rowe 90

Chesham United Man of the Match: Mark Kirby

Mark Kirby’s spectacular equaliser earned Chesham a point in an excellent game. Having dominated the game for long periods Chesham might feel disappointed at only securing a draw, but on the other hand they twice had to come from behind. Steve Brown had completed his suspension only to miss the match through injury, but Zak Joseph and Bradley Clayton returned after injury to take the place of Dernell Wynter, who has left the club, and Dave Pearce. The other change saw Billy Adcock return in place of T’Sharne Gallimore. while Jeanmal Prosper was back on the bench after missing the last three games.

Chesham went on the attack from the off and in the fourth minute Bradley Clayton’s shot flew just over with the aid of a slight deflection.  Clayton’s corner came to Mark Kirby at the far post who headed into the side netting.  Chesham went on to dominate the opening half-hour, and in the twelfth minute a Zak Joseph shot was partially blocked and Jake Cass attempted to back-heel the ball into the net but the ball was scrambled away.  Cass then brought down Sam Jenkins’ forward pass and shot but home keeper Jack Smith made a smart save low to his right.  However the home side scored with their first shot on goal in the 31st minute, when the ball bounced around in the Chesham box and Francis Amartey shot first-time into the corner of the net.  Chesham came back and were convinced they should have had a penalty when a Bradley Clayton cross was handled, but the referee gave a free kick just outside.   Clayton took the kick himself and the ball bounced off the wall to Billy Adcock, whose shot was deflected but Smith was able to save.

In the opening minute of the second half a neat pass from Clayton set up Jake Cass, who ran into the home area but blasted the ball over the bar.  Chesham continued to push forward and eventually gained their reward just before the hour mark, when Zak Joseph ran for the by-line only to be brought down by a clumsy challenge from Samir Bajja.  It was a clear penalty and Jake Cass blasted home to level the scores.  However three minutes later the home side restored their lead with a well-worked goal, when Amartey’s cross from the home right was laid off into the path of Omar Rowe who curled the ball into the corner of the net from the edge of the area.  Chesham came back and Billy Adcock and Zak Joseph were just off target from long range.  Hayes played some good football in patches, and a neat move involving Bay Downing and Omar Rowe led to Rowe firing in a shot but Sam Beasant saved comfortably.  Samir Bajja then ran at the Chesham defence but shot wide, but Chesham were soon back on the attack.  Ten minutes from time Adam Martin’s shot was deflected and went just wide with the keeper wrong-footed, but the resulting corner led to a second equaliser.  Bradley Clayton’s corner came to Mark Kirby at the far post, his header was blocked but Kirby found the net with an acrobatic overhead kick from close range.  Both sides tried to find a late winner, Hayes coming closer when a long throw came to Amartey who headed back across goal but wide.