Hastings United Chesham United
Louis Rogers 1 Sam Beasant
Oliver Black 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Ryan Worrall 3/19 Lewis Rolfe
Gary Elphick 4/18 T’Sharne Gallimore
Craig Stone 5/17 Mark Kirby
Ben Pope 9/6 Steve Brown
Tom Chalmers 11/3 Dernell Wynter
Marcus Goldsmith 12/14 Billy Adcock
Sam Cruttwell 15/9 Eoin Casey
Raheem Sterling-Parker 16/11 Karl Oliyide
Benn Ward 18/10 Zak Joseph
Jake Elliott 6/12 Adam Martin
Davide Rodari 7 Bradley Clayton
Jack Dixon 8 Dave Pearce
Sam Adams 10/16 BJ Busari
Kenny Pogue 14/4 Kieran Murphy
Aaron Capon 17/5 Sam Jekins
Harvey Greig 23/15 Ronny Mfinda
Dixon for Cruttwell 70 Clayton for Wynter 74
Capon for Sterling-Parker 70 Martin for Adcock 82
Adams for Chalmers 89 Pearce for Joseph 90

Penalty Shoot-out sequence (Hastings first):

Pope scored 1-0, Pearce saved 1-0

Worrall scored 2-0, Rolfe scored 2-1

Dixon saved 2-1, Oliyide scored 2-2

Ward scored 3-2, Clayton scored 3-3

Adams scored 4-3, Martin scored 4-4

Black scored 5-4, Casey scored 5-5

Capon scored 6-5, Kirby missed 6-5.

Chesham United Man of the Match: Lewis Rolfe

Chesham exited the FA Cup at the first time of asking after a penalty shoot-out defeat to their opponents from the Isthmian League South-east division. Chesham close to scoring three times in the opening ten minutes, but after that the game went downhill and a shoot-out was looking likely long before the end of ninety minutes. There were four changes to the starting line-up – Mark Kirby, T’Sharne Gallimore, Dernell Wynter and Karl Oliyide replaced Kieran Murphy, Adam Martin, Dave Pearce and Bradley Clayton who were all on the bench.

Chesham nearly broke the deadlock in the second minute but Eoin Casey’s near-post header from Lewis Rolfe’s cross came back off the post.  Shortly afterwards Jeanmal Prosper got forward and crossed to Casey whose header beat home keeper Louis Rogers but was just wide.  In the ninth minute Casey outran the home defence to reach a through ball but his shot was turned past the post by Rogers.  Chesham continued to push forward but on 19 minutes the home side threatened for the first time.  Raheem Sterling-Parker chased a through ball and knocked it past the advancing Sam Beasant, but the ball rolled tamely wide of the goal.  The game went into a quiet spell but shortly before half time a shot from Tom Chalmers was smartly saved by Sam Beasant, and the loose ball came to Raheem Sterling-Parker but his shot hit a team-mate and flew over the bar.

The second half was even quieter than the later stages of the first period.  The home side tried to build from the back but without any urgency, and their main attacking threat came from Oliver Black’s long throws which Chesham’s defence dealt with comfortably.  Late in the game Chesham brought on Bradley Clayton and he had an immediate impact, taking Jeanmal Prosper’s pass and firing in a left-foot shot which hit the near post and bounced behind for a goal kick.  Ten minutes from time Eoin Casey headed over from Zak Joseph’s free kick, and that was the sum total of the goalmouth action.  In the penalty shoot-out Hastings had the early advantage as Dave Pearce’s penalty was saved by Rogers, but Sam Beasant’s save from Jack Dixon levelled it up.  As the shoot-out went into sudden death Mark Kirby smashed Chesham’s seventh penalty against the bar and Chesham were out.