Hartley Wintney Chesham United
Adam Desbois 1 Ben Goode
Jacques Kpohomouh 2 Jon-Jo Bates
Louie Paget 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Jack Ball 4 Adam Martin
Nathan Smart 5 Kieran Murphy
Josh Webb 6 Steve Brown
Marley Ridge 7 Dave Pearce
Rowan Vine 8 Ronny Mfinda
Romario Hart 9 Jefferson Louis
Dan Stewart 10 Eoin Casey
Jack French 11 Ryan Blake
Marc Vockins 12 Jeanmal Prosper
Ian Jones 14 Bradley Clayton
Steve Noakes 15 Darren Locke
Ross Cook 16 Luke Heneghan
George Frise 17
Cook for Vine 70 Prosper for Louis 68
Vockins for Kpohomouh 90 Clayton for Bates 82
Locke for Pearce 90
Ridge 5 Casey 38
Pearce 45
French 32 Brown 49
Hart 49
Hart 65

Chesham United Man of the Match: Luke Warner-Eley

Chesham moved closer to the rest of the division after clinching their third win in four games.  After falling behind early on Chesham controlled the game, scored twice shortly before half-time and held on comfortably in the second half. There were two changes to the starting line-up, with Dave Pearce returning in place of Harry Pearse who was away, and Eoin Casey recalled in place of Luke Heneghan.  Jeanmal Prosper came on as a second-half substitute after re-signing from Aylesbury United the day before.  The game had been in doubt following heavy overnight rain, but fortunately the rain had stopped and the pitch passed a morning inspection and was in good condition.

The home side started well and in the third minute a 30-yard free kick from Josh Webb just cleared the bar.  Two minutes later Chesham’s defence was caught out by a through ball, Ben Goode saved at the feet of Romario Hart but the ball hit Marley Ridge and bounced on into the net to give the home team the lead.  Chesham began to get back into the game and on ten minutes a cross from Dave Pearce eluded home keeper Adam Desbois but came back off the bar.  For most of the rest of the half Chesham looked the more likely to score, and on 25 minutes Eoin Casey broke clear but hesitated and Nathan Smart got in a saving tackle.  Ten minutes later Ryan Blake found space down the right and shot into the side netting.  Shortly afterwards a Dave Pearce corner was cleared, Luke Warner-Eley lifted the ball back into the area and Steve Brown turned and crossed for Eoin Casey to tap in for his first goal for the club.  In the next minute Dan Stewart broke away down the home left, but took too long and miskicked the ball well wide as Chesham’s defence closed in.  However Chesham came back with Jefferson Louis heading just wide from a Dave Pearce corner.  In the last minute of the half Ryan Blake pulled the ball back from the left, Eoin Casey’s effort was blocked and Dave Pearce’s follow-up eventually found the net after a couple of ricochets to put Chesham ahead.

In the opening minute of the second half Josh Webb fired a shot across the Chesham goal from wide on the right.  However Chesham still had more of the ball and Jefferson Louis had a shot deflected wide, then from Dave Pearce’s corner Steve Brown header was saved by Desbois.  Ronny Mfinda then won a loose ball, and his mishit shot came to Eoin Casey whose shot was blocked and Dave Pearce’s follow-up saved.   On 65 minutes Romario Hart, who had earlier been booked after a flare-up with Steve Brown, was shown a straight red card for a dreadful two-footed tackle on Luke Warner-Eley.  The home team never really looked like retrieving the game after that, although nine minutes from time Jack Ball hit a shot on the turn across the face of the Chesham goal.  However Chesham were eventually able to see out the game without any undue alarms.