Harrow Borough Chesham United
Hafed Al-Droubi 1 Ben Goode
Josh Andrew 2 Jeanmal Prosper
George Moore 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Shaun Preddie 4 Adam Martin
Nathaniel Oseni 5 Kieran Murphy
Adam Pepera 6 Lewis Rolfe
Mark Bitmead 7 Ronny Mfinda
Mark McLeod 8 Ryan Blake
Ryan Moss 9 Jefferson Louis
Michael Bryan 10 Matt Sinclair
Lewis Cole 11 Dave Pearce
Frank Keita 12 Eoin Casey
Gianni Crichlow 14 Luke Heneghan
Anthony O’Connor 15 Bradley Clayton
Ryan Haugh 16 Billy Adcock
Jordan Ireland 17 Michael Murray
Keita for McLeod 56 Clayton for Blake 57
O’Connor for Bitmead 56 Adcock for Pearce 74
Crichlow for Andrew 68 Heneghan for Prosper 83
Sinclair 29
Rolfe 44
Andrew 18 Sinclair 25
McLeod 25 Adcock 82
Al-Droubi 82

Chesham United Man of the Match: Ben Goode

This match was an indication of how the team has progressed since the current management team took charge.  Harrow went into the game with an outside chance of getting into the play-offs, but Chesham controlled the game in the first half and soaked up the pressure in the second to secure a comfortable  Jefferson Louis and Dave Pearce returned to the starting line-up and Matt Sinclair made his first start, with Eoin Casey, Luke Heneghan and Bradley Clayton dropping to the bench.

After a cagey start Chesham had their first effort on goal in the thirteenth minute, Jefferson Louis shooting high and wide after a free kick had been headed out.  Matt Sinclair then hooked a shot over after Louis had chested the ball down.  At the other end Ben Goode dived to his right to hold a shot from George Moore and a speculative effort from Lewis Cole flew high and wide, but Chesham were starting to take control of the game.  On 29 minutes Dave Pearce took a corner short, Ryan Blake found Matt Sinclair on the edge of the area and Sinclair’s shot found the net just inside the near post to give Chesham the lead.  Harrow started to show greater urgency and George Moore netted but was flagged offside, then another Moore effort was well saved by Ben Goode.  However Chesham doubled their lead shortly before half-time, when Jefferson Louis challenged for Adam Martin’s long throw and the ball fell to Lewis Rolfe who netted from close range.

The home side made a double substitution early in the second half and began to put pressure on the Chesham defence.  Shortly before the hour mark a long clearance sent Anthony O’Connor through but his effort bounced away off the advancing Ben Goode.  Moore then shot for goal after a corner was headed out but Goode made another smart save.  At the other end Adam Martin’s free kick beat home keeper Hafed Al-Droubi but just cleared the bar.  Midway through the half Shaun Preddie got his head to a Frank Keita corner but his effort lacked power and Luke Warner-Eley had time to get across and head off the line.  On 76 minutes Ronny Mfinda’s pass found Matt Sinclair in space on the left, but Sinclair’s attempted pass just eluded two team-mates.  Jefferson Louis hit the bar with a header from Matt Sinclair’s corner, then Al-Droubi was fortunate only to be shown a yellow card after shoving Lewis Rolfe to the ground in the home goalmouth.  Late in the game Gianni Crichlow found space on the left but his shot failed to test Ben Goode who saved comfortably.  With the game over as a contest Ryan Moss broke clear in stoppage time but Goode saved, and George Moore seized on the loose ball but shot over.