Gosport Borough Chesham United
Patrick O’Flaherty 1 Jonathan North
Joseph Lea 2 Kieran Murphy
Rory Williams 3 Kyle Watson
Charlie Kennedy 15/4 Jeanmal Prosper
Ryan Woodford 5 Mark Kirby
Samuel Roberts 6 Steve Brown
Liam Robinson 7 Dave Pearce
Theo Lewis 8 Ronny Mfinda
Matthew Paterson 9 Eoin Casey
Joshua Huggins 18/10 Karl Oliyide
Alex John 19/11 Zak Joseph
Patrick Suraci 12 Sandro Costa
Michael Carter 4/14 Romario Hart
Samuel Argent 10/15 Dernell Wynter
George Tuson-Firth 16 Adam Martin
Alan Walker-Harris 13/17 Michael Murray
Suraci for Robinson 70 Costa for Pearce 80
Carter for John 80 Hart for Oliyide 80
Argent for Paterson 83 Wynter for Joseph 80
Robinson 8 Casey 39
Paterson 73
Williams 25 Mfinda 27
Lewis 90+1

Chesham United Man of the Match: Steve Brown

Chesham went down to their second consecutive away defeat. Chesham went behind early on but fought their way back and were good value for their equaliser before half-time, but failed to carry their form into the second half. There were three changes to the starting line-up, with Kieran Murphy replacing Sam Jenkins at right back, Dave Pearce returning in place of Adam Martin, and Eoin Casey starting in place of Sandro Costa.

Chesham again conceded an early goal, this time in the eighth minute when Liam Robinson broke away down the home right and netted with a shot that went in off the far post.  The home side came close again when Eoin Casey headed out a free kick as far as Rory Williams who shot just over the bar.  Chesham began to work their way back into the game, but it was not until just after the half-hour mark that they had their first effort on goal, Zak Joseph’s shot on the turn flying high and wide.  Shortly afterwards Dave Pearce broke down the left and set up Karl Oliyide whose first-time shot beat home keeper Patrick O’Flaherty but few just over the bar.  However three minutes later a neat passing move saw Zak Joseph set up Eoin Casey, who stroked the ball into the corner of the net to level the scores.

The home side came back into the game early in the second half.  Early on a home free kick was headed out to Josh Huggins whose long-range shot was well tipped round the post by Jonathan North, then a long cross from Alex John found Matt Paterson who side-footed the ball tamely across goal.  On the hour a Dave Pearce corner was dummied by Steve Brown, and Mark Kirby appeared to be tripped in the area as he was about to shoot but nothing was given.  Midway through the half Rory Williams hit a first-time shot from wide on the left but Jonathan North saved comfortably, then the Chesham keeper did well to hold on to a long-range effort from Charlie Kennedy.  However on 73 minutes Rory Williams’ low cross was swept into the net at the near post by Matt Paterson for the winning goal.  Chesham made a triple substitution and the move nearly paid off immediately as Dernell Wynter broke into the Gosport area only to be denied by a last-ditch challenge.  Chesham began to increase the pressure late on and in the last minute of normal time a Dernell Wynter free kick clipped a defender and flew just wide of the far post with the goalkeeper beaten.  However that was to be Chesham’s last hope as the home side successfully saw out time.