Gosport Borough Chesham United
Pat O’Flaherty 1 Ben Goode
Ryan Case 2 Danny Green
Harry Medway 3 Lewis Rolfe
Joe Byrne 4 Adam Martin
Matthew Weaire 5 Kieran Murphy
James Harper 6 Steve Brown
Sam Lanahan 7 Dave Pearce
Joe Lea 8 Harry Pearse
Craig McAllister 9 Jefferson Louis
Ryan Pennery 10 Eoin Casey
Patrick Suraci 11 Ryan Blake
Matt Tubbs 12 Max Holland
Tony Lee 14 Luke Heneghan
Connor Hoare 15 Jon-Jo Bates
David Jerrard 16 Ronny Mfinda
Alex Lafleur 17 Jerri Maja
Lee for Byrne 45 Heneghan for Casey 76
Tubbs for Pennery 67 Holland for Blake 76
Maja for Pearce 81
Lee 56 Martin 63
Medway 61
Medway 66

Chesham United Man of the Match: Steve Brown

Chesham are now unbeaten in four games and are only bottom on goal difference.  However the mood afterwards was one of disappointment at the failure to secure a win, particularly after playing against ten men for the final quarter. There was one enforced change to the team with David Sota suspended, so Lewis Rolfe switched to the left with Danny Green at right back.  New signing Luke Heneghan from Kempston Rovers made his debut as a second-half substitute.

After an uneventful opening Chesham had their best moment of the game in the fourteenth minute, when Adam Martin crossed back into the area after a corner had been cleared and Kieran Murphy’s header beat the keeper but came back off the post.  In the next minute Kieran Murphy’s through ball set up Eoin Casey who could not get any power into his shot and home keeper Pat O’Flaherty saved comfortably.  In a rare Gosport attack James Harper shot wide from a good position, but Chesham were creating the better chances.  Jefferson Louis’ lay-off set up Ryan Blake who shot powerfully but over the bar from just outside the area, then Harry Pearse’s long-range effort was tipped over by O’Flaherty.  As half-time approached Patrick Suraci found some space on the home left and shot across the face of the Chesham goal.

In the second half Chesham continued to have the upper hand but without creating any clear-cut chances.  A Dave Pearce corner came to Eoin Casey who shot across the goal from beyond the far post, Jefferson Louis tried a shot on the turn but failed to test O’Flaherty, then Kieran Murphy headed over from Dave Pearce’s corner.  On 66 minutes Gosport’s Harry Medway brought down Ryan Blake for the second time in five minutes and was duly shown a second yellow card, so Ryan Case switched to the left to cover as the home side concentrated on avoiding defeat.  On 78 minutes Harry Pearse tried a long-range shot that beat O’Flaherty but flew just wide.  Chesham’s best chance of the half came in the last minute of normal time, when Max Holland broke into the home area and the ball ran loose to Jefferson Louis whose shot from close range beat O’Flaherty but flew wide.