Frome Town Chesham United
Rob Brown 1 Ben Goode
Kriss Miller 2 Jeanmal Prosper
Ricky Scott 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Connor Roberts 4 Adam Martin
Marcus Mapstone 5 Kieran Murphy
Sam Teale 6 Steve Brown
Alex Monks 7 Billy Adcock
Ollie Knowles 8 Luke Heneghan
Brad Norris 9 Eoin Casey
Tom Mehew 10 Ryan Blake
Tristan Plummer 11 Dave Pearce
Dan Whitley 12 Bradley Clayton
Rex Mannings 14 Lewis Rolfe
Rick TJ Davis 15 Ronny Mfinda
Josh Morgan-Williams 16 John-Prince Rylah
Ryan Bath 17 Michael Murray
Morgan-Williams for Mapstone 56 Rolfe for Brown 63
Bath for Plummer 56 Mfinda for Heneghan 73
Davis for Knowles 87 Clayton for Pearce 90+3
Pearce pen 50
Casey 90+7
Mapstone 50 Blake 52
Teale 75
Knowles 81
Roberts 81
Scott 83

Chesham United Man of the Match: Ryan Blake

Chesham extended their unbeaten run to eleven games with this win over struggling Frome.  This was not a classic by any means, but once Chesham took the lead early in the second half they rarely looked like conceding and wrapped up the points with a late second goal. There was only one change to the starting eleven, Ryan Blake coming in for Bradley Clayton, which meant that Dave Pearce made his 200th appearance for the club.  With Jefferson Louis away, newcomer John-Prince Rylah was on the bench after signing for the club in the morning.

It was clear from early on that this was not going to be an epic as neither defence was seriously tested in the half.  Midway through the half Frome had their only shot of note but Brad Norris’ effort was comfortably saved by Ben Goode.  Shortly afterwards a blocked clearance enabled Jeanmal Prosper to break forward but his shot was blocked at the expense of a corner.  Dave Pearce took the kick which flew across the home goal without anyone from either side getting a touch, and that was the sum total of the goalmouth action in the half.

Chesham broke through early in the second half when Ryan Blake ran at the home defence, and was tripped in the area by Marcus Mapstone.  It was a clear penalty and Dave Pearce comfortably beat home keeper Rob Brown from the spot.  The home team made a double substitution but to little effect, while Chesham lost Steve Brown to a shoulder injury just after the hour mark.  On 69 minutes a long-range effort from Luke Heneghan was tipped over by Rob Brown, and Dave Pearce’s corner was headed onto the roof of the net by Eoin Casey.  However with the home team posing little threat Chesham were largely content to sit on their lead.  There were eight minutes of stoppage time, and in the second of them Ryan Bath had Frome’s only effort of note in the half but Ben Goode was able to watch the ball drift harmlessly wide.  In the 97th minute Chesham sealed the win when Ronny Mfinda’s pass sent Ryan Blake away down the right, and his cross was headed in by Eoin Casey at the near post.