Alex Tokarczyk 1 Gerard Benfield
Richard Platt 2 Jordan Lee
Connor Toomey 3 Lewis Tallack
Benji Crilley 4 Sam Davidson
Ben Walster 5 Billy Maybury
Darren Locke 6 Louis Kellaway
Lewis Rolfe 7 James Stokoe
Matt Bevans 8 Curtis Young
Ryan Blake 9 Tobias Holmes
Dave Pearce 10 Luke Burbidge
Oran Swales 11 Jack Lovell
Matthew Hall 12 Scott Arnold
Adam Martin 14 David Walsh
Jon-Jo Bates 15 Stefan Penny
Max Holland 16 Lee Francis
Dejon Noel-Williams 17 Rhys Owen
Martin for Locke 35 Penny for Lee 77
Noel-Williams for Platt 45 Francis for Young 85
Holland for Blake 85
Crilley 60 Davidson 54
Locke 29 Benfield 74
Rolfe 74 Burbidge 74
Pearce 74

Chesham United Man of the Match: Benji Crilley

Chesham managed their first point of the season but are still winless after six games.  In their first-ever meeting with Wimborne Town, Chesham grew in confidence after Benji Crilley had cancelled out Sam Davidson’s goal for the visitors, but were unable to force a win despite late pressure. There were two changes to the starting line-up, with Darren Locke returning briefly after recovering from injury, with Matt Bevans playing further forward in place of the injured Danny Green.  Dave Pearce returned after injury replacing Bradley Clayton who was away.  Max Holland made his debut after recovering from injury sustained in pre-season, and Dejon Noel-Williams came on for the second half after signing from Oxford United on a month’s loan.

Wimborne had more possession early on and occasionally looked dangerous but failed to create a chance in the opening quarter.  Chesham lacked confidence going forward, but on 22 minutes Oran Swales controlled Richard Platt’s cross and shot on the turn but keeper Gerard Benfield blocked.  The first real chance came on 25 minutes, when Luke Burbidge broke clear but Alex Tokarczyk produced a fine save low to his left and Ben Walster cleared.  Shortly afterwards Benfield again blocked a close-range effort from Oran Swales.  Chesham were again hit by injury with Darren Locke forced to go off to be replaced by Adam Martin, with Lewis Rolfe dropping back into the centre of defence.  Despite this Chesham came closer to scoring late in the half, firstly when Oran Swales shot across goal after Connor Toomey’s initial effort was blocked, then Dave Pearce set up Ryan Blake whose shot beat Benfield but flew just wide with the aid of a slight deflection.

Chesham reshuffled again at half-time with Dejon Noel-Williams replacing Richard Platt, which meant a switch to a four-man back line.  In the opening two minutes of the second half Wimborne had two great chances to score, Tobias Holmes racing clear in the opening seconds only for Alex Tokarczyk to block his first effort and watch as the follow-up shot comfortably cleared the bar.  In the next minute Holmes set up Louis Kellaway who shot over with only Tokarczyk to beat.  The visitors eventually broke through on 54 minutes, when a short-corner routine led to Luke Burbidge crossing to Sam Davidson who headed in at the far post.  However six minutes later Chesham equalised when Benji Crilley headed in Dave Pearce’s corner, the linesman ruling that the ball had crossed the line after a defender had headed it out.  At the other end Holmes again broke clear but Tokarczyk came out of his goal to save.  Late in the game a flare-up in front of the dugouts led to Jon Meakes being sent to the stands and four players were show yellow cards, although one of them was Dave Pearce who was on the other side of the pitch and not involved in the incident at all.  However both sides concentrated on trying to win the game, with Chesham looking threatening late on but Wimborne still dangerous on the break.  Tokarczyk again had to come out to block a shot from Luke Burbidge, but Chesham had a great chance to win it late on when Dejon Noel-Williams intercepted a Lewis Tallack back-pass and shot past Benfield but also over the bar.