Chesham United Taunton Town
Ben Goode 1 Lloyd Irish
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Shane White
Kyle Watson 3 Lewis Hall
Adam Martin 4 Ben Adelsbury
Mark Kirby 5 Nick Grimes
Steve Brown 6 Harry Kite
Zak Joseph 7 Jamie Short
Billy Adcock 8 Ryan Brett
Karl Oliyide 9 Matt Wright
Bradley Clayton 10 Dan Sullivan
Dave Pearce 11 Luke Spokes
Eoin Casey 12 Ollie Chamberlain
Romario Hart 14 Owen Windsor
Dernell Wynter 15 Jamie Price
Ronny Mfinda 16 Ross Staley
Kieran Murphy 17
Casey for Oliyide 83 Windsor for Spokes 69
Staley for Hall 79
Price for Sullivan 87
Brown 13 Wright 25
Joseph 38 Wright 42
Martin 90+2 Short 75
Windsor 82
White 68

Chesham United Man of the Match: Zak Joseph

Chesham lost top spot in the league table after Taunton became only the second team this season to come away from the Meadow with a point. After a dull first half Chesham dominated the second but were unable to find a way through, even after the visitors were reduced to ten men. There were four changes to the side beaten at Yate in midweek, with Mark Kirby, Zak Joseph, Karl Oliyide and Bradley Clayton all starting.

The first moment of note came in the thirteenth minute and it led to Chesham taking the lead, when Adam Martin’s long throw was headed on by Mark Kirby and Steve Brown hooked the ball into the net from close range.  However twelve minutes later Taunton equalised when Ryan Brett’s corner was not properly cleared, and the ball eventually fell to Matt Wright who shot past Ben Goode from close range.  The rest of the half was a fairly dismal affair, with Taunton having more of the ball but their long-ball tactics were neither pretty nor effective.  For Chesham Steve Brown headed over from a Dave Pearce corner but that was the sum total of the goalmouth action.

In the early stages of the second half Chesham began to come into the game more.  Early on Bradley Clayton had a shot deflected behind, then a neat move ended with Adam Martin crossing to Billy Adcock who headed across keeper Lloyd Irish but wide of the post.  Bradley Clayton cut in fro the right but shot well over the bar, then a defensive slip allowed Clayton to fire in a shot that Irish parried and just grabbed the loose ball before anyone could pounce on it.  Midway through the half Taunton’s Shane White rose to meet Dave Pearce’s corner only to knock the ball away with his arm.  It was an obvious if totally unnecessary penalty, so there seemed to be no reason for the referee’s decision to send White off.  Dave Pearce took the penalty and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way but the ball came back off the post.  Taunton had already disappeared as an attacking force, and with ten men they concentrated even more on holding on to a point.  Bradley Clayton pulled the ball back from the by-line but Dan Sullivan’s desperate lunge just kept the ball away from Steve Brown and Irish dived on it.  Karl Oliyide then ran on to a long ball from Mark Kirby but Irish came out to save, then Zak Joseph hit a drive that had plenty of power but was too close to the Taunton keeper.  In the final minute of stoppage time Mark Kirby rose to meet Dave Pearce’s corner but his header was blocked in a crowded goalmouth.