Chesham United Swindon Supermarine
Sam Beasant 1 Martin Horsell
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Louis Spalding
Lewis Rolfe 3 Michael Hopkins
Mark Kirby 15/4 James Edge
Kieran Murphy 5 Jake Lee
Adam Martin 6 Mat Liddiard
Bradley Clayton 7 Henry Spalding
Billy Adcock 8 Joe Shepherd
Eoin Casey 9 Zack Kotwica
Dernell Wynter 10 Conor McDonagh
Dave Pearce 11 Ryan Campbell
Jake Cass 12 Jack Stanley
Kyle Watson 14 David Pratt
15 Lee Marshall
Billie Busari 16 Harry Williams
T’Sharne Gallimore 17 Tom Ouldridge
Cass for Casey 66 Pratt for H Spalding 57
Busari for Pearce 66 Williams for McDonagh 77
Watson for Jenkins 82
McDonagh 59
Jenkins 32 Pratt 90+3
Cass 86

Chesham United Man of the Match: Mark Kirby

A tally of three goals in six matches, and none in three at home, tells its own story as Chesham went down to their first defeat of the season. After Swindon took the lead just before the hour mark Chesham looked short of confidence in front of goal and rarely looked like rescuing a point. There was only one change to the starting eleven, Kieran Murphy replacing Reece Yorke in defence.

Chesham made a bright start and in the fourth minute Lewis Rolfe crossed from wide on the left and Eoin Casey’s far post header beat Martin Horsell but flew just wide.  Chesham continued to have the majority of possession but without creating any further chances.  On 24 minutes Swindon had their first effort on goal, when Conor McDonagh’s powerful drive hit the outside of the near post before going out for a goal kick.  Chesham came back and Dave Pearce was just unable to get on the end of Dernell Wynter’s cross.  Chesham’s best moment of the half came on 38 minutes, when a neat move saw Billy Adcock find Bradley Clayton on the edge of the area, and Clayton worked a shooting chance only to fire straight at Horsell.  As half-time approached Swindon again came close, when Adam Martin was caught in possession by Ryan Campbell who ran on to shoot past Sam Beasant but also wide of the far post.  In stoppage time Conor McDonagh tried his luck with a long-range effort that flew harmlessly wide.

Early in the second half Horsell was tested for the first time, diving to hold a Dernell Wynter header from a Lewis Rolfe cross.  Chesham were starting to put some pressure on when the visitors broke away and scored the only goal of the game on 59 minutes.  Joe Shepherd found space down the visitors’ right and crossed low, sub David Pratt missed the ball at the near post but Conor McDonagh stole in at the far post to score from close range.  Chesham looked deflated by the goal and they began to look desperate in their search for an equaliser.  Jake Cass and Billie Busari came on in a bid to refresh the attack, but struggled to make an impact on a well-organised defence.  On 74 minutes Swindon broke away through Zack Kotwica, and the ball eventually came to David Pratt whose shot was deflected wide.  Swindon were content to sit on their lead and to attack on the break, and took every opportunity to waste time as the game petered out tamely.