Chesham United Salisbury
Ben Goode 1 Marcus Beauchamp
Jeanmal Prosper 2 George Colson
Kyle Watson 3 Nuno Felix
Adam Martin 4 Aaron Dawson
Mark Kirby 5 Nathaniel Oseni
Steve Brown 6 Joshua Sommerton
Dave Pearce 7 Lewis Benson
Billy Adcock 8 Darren Mullings
Jefferson Louis 9 Daniel Fitchett
Karl Oliyide 10 Warren Bentley
Dernell Wynter 11 Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick
Eoin Casey 12 Tobias Holmes
Romario Hart 14 Oliver Knowles
Ryan Blake 15 Jacob Bancroft
Bradley Clayton 16 Charlie Rayfield
Kieran Murphy 17 Daniel Young
Hart for Oliyide 69 Holmes for Bentley 63
Casey for Louis 74 Bancroft for Dawson 70
Blake for Pearce 81 Young for Felix 73
Wynter 57, 68
Oliyide 12 Fitchett 40
Adcock 53 Oseni 45
Watson 64

Chesham United Man of the Match: Dernell Wynter

Chesham started the new season with an impressive win against a Salisbury side that finished in last season’s play-offs.  After a fine penalty save by Ben Goode in the first half, Chesham took the lead early in the second and ultimately ran out comfortable winners. The game was not helped by a strong swirling wind, which hampered but did not ruin an entertaining afternoon.

Chesham had the wind at their backs in the first half and had the first chance in the seventh minute, when Karl Oliyide’s shot on the turn flew over the bar after good work by Dave Pearce on the right.  A long cross from the right-hand touchline by Karl Oliyide was caught by the wind and  nearly caught out visiting keeper Marcus Beauchamp but eventually just cleared the bar.  On 19 minutes the visitors were awarded a penalty following Steve Brown’s challenge on Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick, but Ben Goode kept up his fine record of saving penalties by diving to block Hippolyte-Patrick’s kick.  However the visitor went on to enjoy their best spell of possession, and Darren Mullings headed wide from a Lewis Benson corner.  A long cross from Hippolyte-Patrick found Daniel Fitchett at the far post but he could only side-foot tamely into the arms of Ben Goode.  Chesham came back into the game in the dying moments of the half, Dernell Wynter shooting just over the bar from Dave Pearce’s pass, then Nathaniel Oseni was booked for holding and Billy Adcock’s 30-yard free kick flew a couple of yards wide.

Chesham broke the deadlock after 57 minutes when Dernell Wynter broke free on the left, cut inside and found the net with a powerful drive that Beauchamp could not keep out.  Eleven minutes later it was 2-0, as Adam Martin’s long throw found Dernell Wynter who eventually forced the ball home in a crowded penalty area.  Salisbury never looked like getting back into the game after that, and their only noteworthy effort came from Mullings who shot high and wide from distance.  Chesham could have added a third fifteen minutes from time, when Romario Hart’s angled drive was parried by the keeper as far as Eoin Casey who blazed over with the goal gaping.  However Chesham had already done enough to clinch the points.