Chesham United Poole Town
Ben Goode 1 Tom Parker-Trott
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Jack Dickson
Luke Warner-Eley 3 Josh Leslie-Smith
Adam Martin 4 Jake Smeeton
Kieran Murphy 5 Jamie Whisken
Lewis Rolfe 6 Jake Scrimshaw
Billy Adcock 7 Sam Griffin
Ryan Blake 8 James Boote
Jefferson Louis 9 James Constable
Eoin Casey 10 Marvin Brooks
Dave Pearce 11 Jez Bedford
Luke Hengehan 12 Sam House
John-Prince Rylah 14 Adam Grange
Ronny Mfinda 15/13 Steve Richardson
Steve Brown 16
Michael Murray 17
Mfinda for Casey 45 House for Scrimshaw 66
Rylah for Blake 78 Grange for Constable 81
Heneghan for Pearce 83
Pearce 13, 65 Constable pen 72
Blake 52
Warner-Eley 75
Louis 89
Martin 48 Smeeton 24
Dickson 52
Whisken 64

Chesham United Man of the Match: Jefferson Louis

Chesham romped to their biggest home win of the season against play-off chasing Poole.  After edging a tight first half Chesham played some of their best football of the season, the highlight of which was Luke Warner-Eley’s first goal for the club after a fine move. The only change to the starting line-up saw Jefferson Louis return in place of Bradley Clayton who picked up an injury in training.  Ryan Blake was making his 200th appearance for the club.

Poole had the wind in their favour in the first half but Chesham started the stronger, and in the fourth minute Jefferson Louis’ cross-shot was tipped away by rookie keeper Tom Parker-Trott.  In the thirteenth minute Chesham took the lead when Dave Pearce cut in from the left and shot, Eoin Casey attempted to touch the ball on at the near post but the ball ended up just inside the far post.  Poole came back when Chesham’s defence hesitated over Jamie Whisken’s long ball and Sam Griffin stole in but his header came back off the post.  Two minutes later Whisken’s header from a James Boote corner dipped over the bar.  However the visitors faded and Chesham came close when a snap shot from Jefferson Louis produced a smart low save from Parker-Trott.

In the early stages of the second half Poole won a free kick in a dangerous position, but Jake Scrimshaw blasted the ball over the bar.  However Chesham made it 2-0 on the 52nd minute when Parker-Trott attempted to dribble the ball back into the area to pick it up, but was dispossessed by Ryan Blake who walked the ball into the empty net.  Poole protested and Jack Dickson was booked for arguing, but Blake took the ball cleanly and the goal stood.  Chesham looked confident and Jefferson Louis was denied by Parker-Trott, and Ronny Mfinda played the loose ball across goal just ahead of the onrushing Dave Pearce.  Louis shot over the bar from Ronny Mfinda’s lay-off, then a shot on the turn from Louis came back off the post with the keeper beaten.  On 64 minutes Jamie Whisken was booked for bringing down Jefferson Louis on the edge of the area, and Dave Pearce hit the resulting free kick straight into the roof of the net to make it 3-0.  Poole attempted to come back and a deflected cross from Sam Griffin was tipped away by Ben Goode, then the resulting corner was headed on and Jake Smeeton nodded over an empty net.  Shortly afterwards Billy Adcock brought down Sam House in the penalty area, and Ben Goode got a hand to James Constable’s penalty but could not keep it out.  However three minutes later a fine flowing move by Chesham ended when Luke Warner-Eley ran on to Billy Adcock’s through ball and shot low past Parker-Trott to restore Chesham’s three-goal lead.  Chesham’s fine win was completed in the 89th minute when Jefferson Louis was allowed to run clear despite looking well offside, and he fired into the roof of the net as Parker-Trott came out to challenge.