Chesham United Merthyr Town
Ben Goode 1 Alex Harris
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Adam Davies
Kyle Watson 3 Ben Swallow
Adam Martin 4 Jarrad Wright
Mark Kirby 5 Daniel Summerfield
Steve Brown 6 Ismail Yakubu
Zak Joseph 7 Corey Jenkins
Billy Adcock 8 Jamie Veale
Eoin Casey 9 Owain Jones
Karl Oliyide 10 Eliot Richards
Bradley Clayton 11 Ian Traylor
Dave Pearce 12 Lewis Binns
Sam Jenkins 14 Gethyn Hill
Dernell Wynter 15 Lee Lucas
Ronny Mfinda 16 Gavin Williams
Kieran Murphy 17
Wynter for Oliyide 60 Hill for Jenkins 45
Mfinda for Joseph 87 Binns for Veale 56
Lucas for Jones 56
Brown 24
Casey 49
Martin 31 Richards 57

Chesham United Man of the Match: Bradley Clayton

Chesham moved back to the top of the table with a comfortable win over their mid-table opponents. This game was not a classic, but Chesham did what they had to do and never looked back after taking the lead midway through the first half. Mark Kirby swapped places with Kieran Murphy and Bradley Clayton replaced Dernell Wynter in the only two changes to the team. Chesham played with the wind in their favour in the first half although it was not a major factor in the game.

Chesham dominated the game from the start, although Merthyr had the first serious effort on goal but Ian Traylor shot high and wide after breaking down the left.  As the game went on Chesham began to stretch the visitors’ defence, and in the nineteenth minute Zak Joseph challenged for Mark Kirby’s long pass and the ball came to Bradley Clayton whose shot was tipped over by keeper Alex Harris.  Billy Adcock took the resulting corner low, Steve Brown dummied and Zak Joseph’s shot was cleared off the line.  However in the 24th minute Bradley Clayton fired in a shot after a corner had been cleared, Harris parried the ball upwards and Steve Brown headed in from close range to give Chesham the lead.  Chesham continued to control the game and Eoin Casey glanced a header wide from Billy Adcock’s free kick.  Towards half-time Zak Joseph seized on a mistake by Daniel Summerfield but Harris dived to his right to hold the resulting shot.  In stoppage time Karl Oliyide cut in from the right and shot but the ball went harmlessly past the near post.

Four minutes after the restart Chesham moved two goals clear.  Billy Adcock’s corner came to Mark Kirby on the edge of the area, Kirby’s shot was cleared from close to the line but Eoin Casey netted the loose ball.  Merthyr made all their three substitutions before the hour mark, and showed a little more in attack but Chesham were still in control of the game.  Midway through the half Bradley Clayton’s long-range free kick was tipped over by Harris.  It was not until stoppage time that the visitors came close to scoring, when an Eliot Richards shot was deflected behind and the resulting corner sailed past the far post and out for a goal kick.