Chesham United Hayes & Yeading United
Ben Goode 1 Mark Childs
Sam Jenkins 2 Keano Robinson
Kyle Watson 3 Jack Williams
Jeanmal Prosper 4 Jacob Cook
Kieran Murphy 5 Liam McDevitt
Steve Brown 6 Ismail Yakubu
Dave Pearce 7 Toby Little
Bayley Brown 8 Dylan Switters
Eoin Casey 9 Dejon Noel-Williams
Karl Oliyide 10 Ogochukwu Obi
Dernell Wynter 11 Gabriel Piorkowski
Romario Hart 12 Dean Mason
Adam Martin 14 Leo Donellan
Sandro Costa 15 Elliot Benyon
Ronny Mfinda 16 Omar Rowe
Mark Kirby 17 Connor Toomey
Hart for Casey 66 Rowe for Little 69
Costa for Wynter 66 Toomey for Piorkowski 69
Martin for B Brown 77
Oliyide 26 Noel-Williams 34
Pearce pen 73, pen 80 Obi pen 43
S Brown 43 Obi 57
Watson 57 Rowe 73
McDevitt 80

Chesham United Man of the Match: Steve Brown

Chesham struggled for a time before overcoming Hayes and Yeading and moving to the top of the league. After half an hour Chesham seemed in control but were behind at half-time after conceding a gift goal and a highly dubious penalty, but they eventually sealed the points with two penalties of their own. The only change to the starting line-up saw Eoin Casey come in for Romario Hart who was on the bench.

Both sides moved the ball well in the early stages, Chesham coming close early on when Kyle Watson crossed from the left to Karl Oliyide who glanced a header across goal.  Oliyide then got to the by-line on the right but shot wide of the near post, then a Kyle Watson cross came to Dave Pearce who shot straight at keeper Mark Childs.  Chesham took the lead on 26 minutes when Karl Oliyide outpaced the defence to reach Jeanmal Prosper’s through pass, and ran on to shoot past Childs and in off the post.  The visitors attempted to strike back but Keano Robinson’s long-range effort was well saved by a diving Ben Goode.  However five minutes later Goode came to the edge of his area to clear a back-pass but only got the thinnest of touches on the ball, which enabled Dejon Noel-Williams to collect and score.  Chesham went back on the attack and Jeanmal Prosper headed wide from a Dave Pearce corner, then Dernell Wynter’s shot was tipped over by Childs.  However on 42 minutes the ball bounced around in the Chesham area and was eventually cleared, only for the referee to award a penalty that seemed to have everyone confused.  Oguchukwe Obi scored to give the visitors the lead at the interval.

Chesham looked shocked by the sudden reverse and struggled in the early stages of the second half.  Hayes came close again when a Dylan Switters shot took a slight deflection and flew just wide, but otherwise they were content to sit on their lead and waste time whenever possible.  Just after the hour mark Eoin Casey squared the ball to Karl Oliyide who went for placement rather than power and Childs dived to keep the ball out.  Shortly afterwards Kyle Watson crossed to Casey whose header was tipped over by Childs.  Both sides made a double substitution but to little effect, but on 72 minutes the ball ran loose in the Hayes area and hit a defender’s hand for a penalty.  The visitors complained but the referee pointed out that the arm was above shoulder height when the ball hit it, and Dave Pearce tucked away the kick to level the scores.  Chesham grew in confidence and on 79 minutes Romario Hart ran on to a through ball despite being manhandled by Liam McDevitt, who eventually succeeded in bringing the player down as he was about to take on the keeper.  McDevitt was sent off and Dave Pearce again converted from the spot.  Hayes suddenly showed greater urgency but never threatened an equaliser, and Chesham came closer to scoring late on when Steve Brown’s diving header flew across the visitors’ goal.