Chesham United Harrow Borough
Jonathan North 1 Hafed Al-Droubi
Sam Jenkins 2 George Moore
Kyle Watson 3 Luke Warner-Eley
Jeanmal Prosper 4 Matthew Drage
Kieran Murphy 5 George Fenton
Steve Brown 6 Shaun Preddie
Dave Pearce 7 Emmanuel Williams
Ronny Mfinda 8 Jordan Ireland
Eoin Casey 9 Anthony O’Connor
Zak Joseph 10 Frank Keita
Dernell Wynter 11 Lewis Cole
Sandro Costa 12 Ryan Moss
Romario Hart 14 Joseph Otudeko
Karl Oliyide 15 Kensley Maloney
Adam Martin 16 Joshua Andrew
Mark Kirby 17 Dylan Kearney
Hart for Joseph 64 Otudeko for Keita 75
Costa for Wynter 79 Kearney for Moore 75
Kirby for Brown 90+4 Maloney for Ireland 75
Pearce pen 67 O’Connor 90+6
Watson 30 Drage 67
Preddie 90+3

Chesham United Man of the Match: Romario Hart

A late late equaliser ended Chesham’s 100% home league record and left them with only one point from the last three games. Chesham looked to have done enough to secure a win after having by far the better chances, but a last-ditch attack brought the visitors a share of the spoils. There were two changes to the side after last Saturday’s defeat at Gosport, Sam Jenkins coming in for Mark Kirby with Kieran Murphy reverting to the centre of defence and Dernell Wynter replacing Karl Oliyide.

Harrow were the first to threaten in the opening minutes, when a chested back-pass by Sam Jenkins was seized on by Frank Keita but Jonathan North managed to save at the forward’s feet.  At the other end a Dave Pearce corner was dummied by Steve Brown and Zak Joseph shot wide.  Chesham began to take control of the game and Dave Pearce’s shot was shovelled round the post by keeper Hafed Al-Droubi, one of three ex-Chesham players in the Harrow side.  Dernell Wynter fired the ball across from the left and it came off a defender for a corner, then Eoin Casey headed over from a Dave Pearce cross.  Harrow defender Matt Drage lost possession to Zak Joseph whose shot was parried by Al-Droubi, then Joseph dispossessed George Fenton but his shot was saved and Dernell Wynter fired over from the loose ball.  Towards half-time the visitors came back and George Moore’s speculative effort from fully 40 yards sailed just over, then Frank Keita’s shot from 25 yards was tipped over by Jonathan North.

Harrow made the better start to the second half but without creating a scoring opportunity, and on 56 minutes Eoin Casey found some space down the left but shot off balance and the ball flew high and wide.  Midway through the half Romario Hart came on as a substitute, and the move paid immediate dividends as Hart ran on to Ronny Mfinda’s through ball and was about to take on Al-Droubi when he was unceremoniously brought down by Matt Drage’s despairing lunge.  Drage was booked and Dave Pearce tucked away the penalty to give Chesham the lead.  The game opened up and Chesham played their best football of the evening, Dernell Wynter having a shot tipped over by Al-Droubi.  Harrow made a triple substitution but to little immediate effect, and Chesham came close again when Al-Droubi made a good low save after Eoin Casey had set up Romario Hart.  However in stoppage time Steve Brown was injured and had to go off, and Harrow launched a final last-ditch attack.  A free kick was pumped into the Chesham area and headed across goal by Shaun Preddie, Jonathan North saved from Dylan Kearney but Anthony O’Connor forced the loose ball over the line.