Chesham United Frome Town
Ben Goode 1 James Carey
Jon-Jo Bates 2 Kris Miller
Luke Warner-Eley 3 Joe O’Loughlin
Adam Martin 4 Marcus Mapstone
Kieran Murphy 5 Sam Teale
Steve Brown 6 Connor Roberts
Ronny Mfinda 7 Ollie Knowles
Harry Pearse 8 Alex Monks
Jefferson Louis 9 Kane Simpson
Ryan Blake 10 Ryan Bath
Luke Heneghan 11 Tristan Plummer
Eoin Casey 12 Billy Fletcher
Bradley Clayton 14 Krissy Scott
Dave Pearce 15 Rex Manning
Darren Locke 16 Josh Brace
Jerri Maja 17 Tom Evans
Pearce for Blake 65 Scott for O’Loughlin 58
Clayton for Heneghan 65 Manning for Simpson 67
Casey for Mfinda 70 Fletcher for Plummer 82
Louis 83 Scott pen 62
Pearce 87
Bates 82 Plummer 55
Pearce 90+2 Miller 61
Bath 86
Fletcher 90

Chesham United Man of the Match: Adam Martin

Chesham secured their first home league win of the season with two late goals.  For the first eighty minutes this was a dour affair between two struggling sides, but Chesham ultimately won the game thanks to their three substitutes who changed the course of the afternoon. There was only one change to the Chesham side, Ronny Mfinda making his debut in place of Dave Pearce who was on the bench.

Frome shaded the early stages but without creating any chances and Chesham had the first shot on goal, a long-range effort from Luke Warner-Eley that flew just over.  Midway through the half Frome threatened for the first time but Ryan Bath could only head an Alex Monks free kick into the side netting, then Bath set up Kane Simpson whose shot failed to trouble Ben Goode.  Towards half-time Frome’s Marcus Mapstone allowed a long ball from Jon-Jo Bates to bounce on the edge of the area, Ryan Blake stole in but his effort from a narrow angle came back off the near post.

In the second half Chesham had more of the ball but the game was very scrappy.  On the hour mark Jefferson Louis dispossessed Kris Miller and set off for goal but James Carey was able to dive to his right to smother the resulting shot.  Two minutes later a rare Frome attack saw Tristan Plummer break into the Chesham area only to be tripped by Jon-Jo Bates, and Krissy Scott converted the resulting penalty.  Chesham brought on their three substitutes but to little effect initially, while Frome were content to sit on their lead.  Ten minutes from time Dave Pearce tried his luck with a long-range effort that Carey dived to tip round the post, which seemed to bring the game to life.  Three minutes later Pearce crossed from the right touchline and Jefferson Louis headed in at the far post to equalise.  Three minutes later Harry Pearse crossed low from the left and the ball came to Dave Pearce at the far post, but he could only stab the ball over the bar from close range.  However in the next minute Eoin Casey brought the ball down in the area and squared to Dave Pearce, who had time to work the ball onto his left foot and shoot beyond Carey for Chesham’s winner.  Frome never recovered, and three minutes later substitute Billy Fletcher escaped with a yellow card after bringing down Jefferson Louis after he looked to break clear.