Evostik League Premier Division South – 16/3/19
Chesham United Farnborough
Ben Goode 1 Liam Beach
Jeanmal Prosper 2 John Oyunga
Luke Warner-Eley 3 Seth Owens
Adam Martin 4 Tom Leggett
Kieran Murphy 5 Aaron Oakley
Lewis Rolfe 6 CJ Fearn
Billy Adcock 7 Elliot Bonds
Ryan Blake 8 Harry Cooksley
Jefferson Louis 9 Marc Charles-Smith
Eoin Casey 10 Tony Halsey
Dave Pearce 11 Reggie Young
Luke Heneghan 12 Michael Fernandes
John-Prince Rylah 14 Kurtis Cumberbatch
Ronny Mfinda 15 Andrew Musongo
Bradley Clayton 16 Perry Coles
Michael Murray 17 Luke King
Mfinda for Louis 80 Fernandes for Leggett 45
Clayton for Pearce 80 Cumberbatch for Fernandes 71
Heneghan for Warner-Eley 87 Coles for Charles-Smith 80
Cooksley pen 70
Martin 41 Bonds 22
Rolfe 69 Fernandes 54
Blake 79 Owens 66
Blake 88
Martin 89

Chesham United Man of the Match: Kieran Murphy

Chesham’s 14-game unbeaten run came to an end as a second-half penalty gave Farnborough the points.  This match was ruined by the weather which made good football all but impossible. Chesham were unchanged from last week’s win over Poole, with Bradley Clayton back on the bench.  There was a swirling wind blowing straight down the ground which Chesham had in their favour in the first half, but it was so blustery it was of little use.

Early in the game Adam Martin shot just wide from 25 yards from Jefferson Louis’ lay-off, then at the other end a Harry Cooksley free kick came off Tony Halsey and Seth Owens was denied at close range before Ben Goode grabbed the loose ball.  In the next minute Jeanmal Prosper’s cross was headed out by Aaron Oakley and Dave Pearce’s hurried shot flew just over.  On 36 minutes Billy Adcock found Ryan Blake who cut in from the right and fired in a shot that Liam Beach parried then grabbed at the second attempt.  Just before half-time a Harry Cooksley free kick forced a smart save from Ben Goode, the in the next minute Beach spilled a shot on the turn from Jefferson Louis and the ball was hurriedly cleared to safety.

In the second half Farnborough had the wind in their favour but also found it of little use.  Early in the half Reggie Young cut in from the left but his shot lacked power and Ben Goode saved comfortably.  The game looked destined to end in a goalless draw, but on 70 minutes Marc Charles-Smith’s ankle was clipped on the edge of the penalty area and Harry Cooksley slammed the resulting penalty into the roof of the net.  Chesham never looked like getting back into the game and finished the afternoon with nine men.  On 88 minutes Ryan Blake was shown a second yellow card after bringing down John Oyunga, and immediately afterwards Adam Martin was also shown a second yellow for a remark made to a linesman.