Chesham United Blackfield & Langley
Ben Goode 1 Lewis Noice
Sam Jenkins 2 Zak Sharp
Kyle Watson 3 Connal Morrison
Adam Martin 4 Devane Bongou
Kieran Murphy 5 Harry Medway
Steve Brown 6 Joshua Harfield
Dave Pearce 7 Jordan Ngalo
Bayley Brown 8 Charlie Gunson
Karl Oliyide 9 Callum Cunniffe-Pilley
Romario Hart 10/14 Lerone Plummer
Dernell Wynter 11 Sam Griffin
Jefferson Louis 12 Adam Tomasso
Romario Hart 14/10 Fatah Makhloufi
Ryan Blake 15 Hasham Kasimu
Sandro Costa 16 Shaquille Gwengwe
Danny Taylor 17 Lewis Waterfield
Louis for Hart 62 Kasimu for Cunniffe-Pilley 42
Costa for Wynter 90+3 Tomasso for Gunson 57
Gwengwe for Bongou 90
S Brown 32 Plummer 45+2
Pearce pen 88
Morrison 90

Chesham United Man of the Match: Adam Martin

Chesham kept up their winning record at home in their first-ever meeting with division newcomers Blackfield & Langley. After being pegged back on the stroke of half-time Chesham dominated the second half, but looked likely to have to settle for a point until a gift penalty allowed Dave Pearce to bag a late winner. Karl Oliyide and Dernell Wynter returned to the starting eleven replacing Ryan Blake and Eoin Casey, while Danny Taylor was replaced by Bayley Brown who made his debut after signing from Beaconsfield the day before.

The visitors had the benefit of a moderate wind in their favour in the first half, although chances were few and far between.  Early on Dernell Wynter burst into the penalty area and appeared to be bundled over by Zak Sharp but nothing was given, then at the other end a shot from Sam Griffin took a deflection and looked as if it might loop over Ben Goode but he was able to get back and hold the ball.  In the thirteenth minute Dernell Wynter again burst into the area and fired in an angled drive that beat Lewis Noice but came back off the far post.  The game remained quiet until Chesham took the lead just after the half-hour.  After a Dave Pearce corner was headed out Adam Martin worked some space on the right, and crossed to the far post where Steve Brown headed in.  Chesham looked set to hold to to their lead but the visitors came back and equalised on the stroke of half-time.  After Ben Goode had dived to his right to turn a shot from Lerone Plummer round the post, Charlie Gunson took the resulting corner and Plummer rose unmarked to score with a near-post header.

Chesham pushed forward early in the second half and a Dave Pearce free kick was headed on by Adam Martin but Harry Medway headed off the line.  Soon afterwards Noice punched out a Dave Pearce cross and Karl Oliyide’s shot came off a defender for another corner.  The visitors had almost disappeared as an attacking force, but midway through the half Hisham Kasimu ran at the Chesham defence only to shoot tamely straight at Ben Goode.  Chesham were dominating possession but had little to show for it as the visitors concentrated on keeping them out.  On 79 minutes a corner from Karl Oliyide found Jefferson Louis, whose downward header bounced up off a defender and somehow just cleared the bar.  However three minutes from time Dave Pearce launched another free kick towards the far post, and as Jefferson Louis won possession he was clearly shoved to the ground by Devane Bongou.  It was an obvious if unnecessary penalty, and Dave Pearce blasted the kick into the net to give Chesham three points to take them up to fourth in the table.