Ben Goode 1 Tom McGill
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Dean Stow
Luke Warner-Eley 3 Rob Gerrard
Adam Martin 4 Michael Atkinson
Kieran Murphy 5 Kraig Noel-McLeod
Steve Brown 6 Jack Wakely
Billy Adcock 7 Sam Smart
Bradley Clayton 8 Kian Duncan
Eoin Casey 9 Sam Argent
Luke Heneghan 10 Sam Deadfield
Dave Pearce 11 Harry Pearse
Jefferson Louis 12 Aiden Harris
Lewis Rolfe 14 James Orvis
Ronny Mfinda 15 Liam Hunt
Ryan Blake 16 Zidan Akers
Michael Murray 17
Blake for Heneghan 66 Akers for Pearse 84
Louis for Casey 76
Rolfe for Clayton 86
Pearce 10 Argent 59
Casey 75
Heneghan 39 Pearse 80
Rolfe 90+1 Stow 88

Chesham United Man of the Match: Luke Warner-Eley

Chesham moved out of the relegation zone with this narrow win over Basingstoke.  Chesham started and finished the game strongly while the visitors had their best spell before half-time. There was just one change to the starting eleven, Luke Heneghan coming in for Jefferson Louis.

Chesham started the game well and in the fifth minute Dave Pearce sent a corner in low to Luke Heneghan, whose first-time shot was smartly saved by Tom McGill in the Basingstoke goal.  In the tenth minute Chesham won a free kick which Jeanmal Prosper took just inside the opponents’ half, Steve Brown touched it on and Dave Pearce controlled and shot into the roof of the net to give Chesham the lead.  Basingstoke had shown little going forward, but in the nineteenth minute Sam Argent laid the ball off for Kian Duncan whose shot from the edge of the area came back off the post.  Chesham cleared but Rob Gerrard crossed back in, and Sam Argent’s header looked to be creeping in at the far post but Ben Goode dived to turn it behind.  Two minutes later Harry Pearse’s back-pass let in Dave Pearce at the other end, but McGill dived to tip the resulting shot round the post.  Basingstoke began to come into the game more but their finishing did not match their build-up play.  Towards half-time Chesham broke away and Luke Warner-Eley’s long cross was headed over by Eoin Casey.

Chesham made the stronger start to the second half, and in the eighth minute Luke Heneghan went for goal from a free kick out on the left but his effort came back off the bar with the keeper beaten.  Dave Pearce’s long-range effort was tipped over by McGill, the resulting corner was hurriedly cleared away from Steve Brown, then Bradley Clayton’s cross was headed over by Eoin Casey.  However shortly before the hour mark Basingstoke equalised, when a long cross from Rob Gerrard on the visitors’ left was headed in by Sam Argent at the near post.  However Chesham came back and Bradley Clayton shot just wide after a Pearce corner was headed out, then Steve Brown headed just wide from Dave Pearce’s right-wing free kick.  On 75 minutes Chesham retook the lead when a long clearance from Ben Goode caught out the visitors’ defence, and McGill came out to collect but was beaten to the ball by Eoin Casey who went on to tap the ball into the unguarded net.  Basingstoke again attempted to come back and forced a couple of corners, but ultimately Chesham saw out the game without any alarms.