Chesham United Poole Town
Ben Goode 1 Mark Childs
Sam Jenkins 2 Jack Dickson
Kyle Watson 3 Josh Leslie-Smith
Jeanmal Prosper 4 Will Spetch
Kieran Murphy 5 Jamie Whisken
Mark Kirby 6 Billy Maybury
Karl Oliyide 7 Josh Carmichael
Adam Martin 8 Corby Moore
Eoin Casey 9 Harry Baker
Bradley Clayton 10 Marvin Brooks
Dave Pearce 11 Luke Holmes
Romario Hart 12 Ollie Dennett
Dernell Wynter 14 Flavio Tavares
Bayley Brown 15 Sam Jackson
Zak Joseph 16 Ben Gleditsch
Billy Adcock 17/13 Harry Phillips
Wynter for Oliyide 79 Tavares for Maybury 71
Hart for Pearce 89 Jackson for Whisken 77
Dennett for Holmes 79
Pearce 42 Baker 28
Oliyide 57
Clayton 34 Spetch 51
Prosper 61 Maybury 67
Brooks 90+1

Chesham United Man of the Match: Dave Pearce

Chesham got back to winning ways with by edging out a Poole side who are tipped to be among the front runners in the division.  At times Chesham struggled to impose themselves on the game, but Karl Oliyide gave them a second-half lead that they never really looked like relinquishing. After the league cup tie in midweek Chesham reverted to the team that lost to Metropolitan Police last Saturday, except for two changes – Eoin Casey and Dave Pearce coming in for Romario Hart and Zak Joseph.

Chesham made a strong start, and in the fifth minute Dave Pearce sent Karl Oliyide clear to shoot wide of keeper Mark Childs but just past the far post.  In the next minute Eoin Casey’s run took him to the edge of the penalty area but his shot failed to test Childs, then in the next minute Dave Pearce broke clear and was about to take on the keeper when the referee brought play back for a free kick to Chesham.  Another good move down the left saw Dave Pearce cross to Eoin Casey who headed over at the far post.  Poole gradually began to get into the game and had their first effort on goal after 25 minutes, Marvin Brooks heading across goal to Harry Baker who controlled and shot into the side netting.  However three minutes later Jack Dickson set up Harry Baker who slotted the ball past the advancing Ben Goode to give the visitors the lead.  Poole were having their best spell of the game, and Baker seized on a clearing header from Mark Kirby only to shoot wide as Ben Goode came out.  However Chesham equalised on 42 minutes with a finely-taken goal.  Karl Oliyide found Dave Pearce on the left, Pearce worked the ball onto his right foot and beat Childs with a superb chip into the far corner of the net.

Early in the second half Harry Baker shot on the turn but straight at Ben Goode, but Chesham scored the winner on 57 minutes with a fine team goal.  Jeanmal Prosper’s fine through ball sent Bradley Clayton away down the right, Clayton’s cross was headed against the bar by Eoin Casey but Karl Oliyide chested the ball down and hooked it into the net from close range.  Shortly afterwards Poole’s Josh Carmichael took a free kick which just cleared the Chesham crossbar, but the visitors had lost much of their earlier fluency and rarely threatened an equaliser.  At the other end Dave Pearce took a free kick short to Karl Oliyide but Jack Dickson got back to block, then shortly afterwards Bradley Clayton blocked a clearance on the edge of the Poole area only to blaze the ball over the bar.  On 83 minutes another blocked clearance led to a mad scramble in the visitors’ area but eventually both Eoin Casey and Dernell Wynter were denied by some desperate defending.  Eventually Chesham saw out time to clinch their ninth win in ten home league games.