Aylesbury United Chesham United
Archie Davis 1 Alex Tokarczyk
Jeanmal Prosper 2 Lewis Rolfe
Matt Peake-Pijnen 3 Ben Walster
Jack Wood 4 Richard Platt
Callum Mapley 5 Adam Martin
Ollie Hogg 6 Jon-Jo Bates
Max Hercules 7 Oran Swales
Ben Seaton 8 Bradley Clayton
Aaron Berry 9 Ryan Blake
Sonny French 10 Tom Hitchcock
Benji Aghadiuno 11 Dave Pearce
Jake Bewley 12 Danny Green
Greg Williams 14 Matt Bevans
Harry Jones 18/15 Max Holland
Chris Crook 19/16 Jefferson Louis
Horatio Hirst 17 Sam Barker
Hirst for Berry 66 Louis for Blake 57
Jones for Hercules 87 Bevans for Martin 57
Williams for Seaton 87 Barker for Platt 71
Prosper 25 Hitchcock pen 4
Hercules 41
Aghadiuno 85
Blake 33
Hitchcock 54
Swales 62
Bates 62

Chesham United Man of the Match: Jefferson Louis

The League Cup competition failed to bring any relief for Chesham, as they slumped to their fourth successive defeat during which time they have conceded 13 goals. New signing Tom Hitchcock made his first start in place of Jefferson Louis who was on the bench, plus Jon-Jo Bates and Oran Swales came in for Connor Toomey, who has left the club, and the injured Darren Locke.  Two further changes saw Richard Platt and Adam Martin return in place of Matt Bevans and Sam Barker, who were delayed by work commitments.

However Chesham got off to a flying start when Bradley Clayton ran at the Aylesbury defence and was brought down just inside the penalty area, and Tom Hitchcock comfortably converted the resulting penalty.  Chesham continued to dominate, and Oran Swales set up Bradley Clayton whose effort was saved and the follow-up cleared off the line.  In the next minute Ryan Blake was clean through but keeper Archie Davis saved, and the loose ball came to Dave Pearce whose shot was again turned away by Davis.  Shortly afterwards Davis fumbled a shot from Jon-Jo Bates round the post.  Aylesbury had shown little in attack but on 24 minutes Ollie Hogg’s shot was tipped round the post by Alex Tokarczyk, the first corner was cleared at the expense of a second, from which the ball came to Jeanmal Prosper who controlled and shot through a crowd of players into the net.  As so often Chesham lost heart and Benji Aghadiuno shot across the face of the Chesham goal, then the same player had a free header but failed to test Tokarczyk.  On 35 minutes Chesham failed to clear a left-wing cross from Aghadiuno, and the ball dropped for Max Hercules to make it 2-1 with a shot into the corner of the next past Tokarczyk’s left hand.  Chesham came back towards half-time and Dave Pearce’s shot was beaten away by Davis and Ryan Blake’s follow-up effort went wide.

There was little goalmouth action in the second half as the game lacked the intensity of a league game.  Chesham made a double substitution, but just after the hour mark were reduced to ten men when Jon-Jo Bates was sent off for retaliation.  On 73 minutes a through ball from Jefferson Louis sent Bradley Clayton clear but Matt Peake-Pijnen got back to make a saving tackle.  At the other end Sonny French set up Aghadiuno who shot over the bar, then Aghadiuno scored a third from French’s pass on 85 minutes.  Chesham came close to a consolation in stoppage time, when Bradley Clayton shot for goal from Tom Hitchcock’s pass but Davis made another fine flying save.