This season’s awards evening took place on the 22nd April after our 2-2 draw with Hendon. First of all, thank you to everyone that attended the evening and stayed for a chat with the players and management who have done a fantastic job to turn our season around.
We started off with James Duncan and Michael Murray reviewing this season and the journey we’ve been on this year as well as looking forward to next year. JD & Muzza will be sitting down with the players and the club over the coming weeks to set targets for next season and speak to the players about their plans for the coming season.
8 awards were presented on the evening, starting with the awards decided by the management or players:
- Players Player of the Season – Ben Goode
- Managers Player of the Season – Kieran Murphy
- Young Player of the Season – Ronny Mfinda
The Supporters Player of the Season award had over 100 voters with everyone asked to order their top 3 players of the season.
- 1st Place – Dave Pearce (23%)
- 2nd Place – Adam Martin (17%)
- 3rd Place – Ben Goode (12%)
Two awards are still outstanding with the Golden Boot (Top Scorer) and the old Bucks Examiner Player of the Season (Most Man of the Match awards) are still to be decided at the final away game of the season at Wimborne Town next Saturday.
Two new awards were introduced for this season, sponsored by two local companies. These are the new Volunteer and Supporter of the Season awards, these awards to rewards the individuals who complete the unsung tasks or travel the length of the country to keep the club running over the course of a long season. Each award can only be won once by any individual.
This years winners were:
- Supporter of the Season (sponsored by First for Trophies) – Keith Pitman
- Volunteer of the Season (sponsored by Asprey Harris) – Malcolm ‘Maverick’ Hewitt