This season’s awards took place on the 23rd April after our last game of the season a 5-0 win over Wimborne Town. First of all, thank you to everyone that attended and stayed for a chat with the players and management who have done a fantastic job over the season.
We started off with Chairman Peter Brown thanking everyone for attending, and to all the supporters, volunteers, players, management and the rest of the board for making the season another fantastic season even though we fell just short of that final play off spot. It was a fantastic run towards the end of the season and at one stage on the last day the result at Weston was in our favour but it wasn’t to be overall.
The evening then moved onto the awards presentation with a total of 10 awards presented, starting with the first set of playing awards.
- Young Player of the Season – Jaden Thompson-Brissett
- Top Goalscorer’s – Bradley Clayton (26 goals in 42 games all competitions)
- Bucks Examiner Player of the Season – Zak Joseph (8 MoMs during the season)
The Volunteer and Supporter of the Season awards follow the first set of playing awards, these awards are to reward the individuals who complete the unsung tasks at the club or go above and beyond to follow the Generals to keep the club running over the course of a long season.
- Volunteer of the Season (sponsored by Asprey Harris) – Charlie Wright
- Supporter of the Season (sponsored by First for Trophies) – Stuart McGowan
The Supporters Trust Player of the Season award this year had over 150 voters. Everyone was asked to order their top 3 players of the season. Points are then awards in reverse order (1st place = 3 points, 2nd place = 2 points and 3rd place = 1 point).
- Supporters Trust Player of the Season – Bradley Clayton
- 2nd Place – Zak Joseph
- 3rd Place – Mark Kirby
The final awards for the season were awarded by the managers and votes for them come from among the dressing room and coaching staff. Both players are talented and hard working members of the dressing room and winning these particular awards is no mean feat with a strong squad.
- Player’s Player of the Season – Bradley Clayton
- Manager’s Player of the Season – Mark Kirby
A big thank you to everyone that came, the club are looking forward to next season as much as the supporters and we hope to have news from the League and the FA in the next few weeks on next season’s league allocations and the fixtures/start dates.