COVID-19 PROTOCOLS – UPDATED 28TH SEPTEMBER 2020
Many thanks to all our supporters and visitors for adhering to the guidance given so far during the current situation. With new government rules being introduced from 24th September there will be some new arrangements for use of the bar on match days and these are mandatory for everyone using the bar.
- Access to the bar will remain via the one way system with entry through the door nearest the stand and exit through the centre door.
- Everyone entering the bar must wear face coverings unless they are seated at tables including when using toilet facilities and leaving the bar.
- We are operating table service only. Our staff will take your order, serve your drinks and take payment at the table. No customers should approach the bar at any time.
- To order drinks for consumption outside the clubhouse there are reserved tables for ordering. You must be seated to order and then take your drinks outside as soon as they have been delivered to these tables. These tables are not to be used other than for collection for outside.
- No standing or mingling is allowed inside the clubhouse and tables must not be moved from the socially distanced layout that has been set up. No more than six people are permitted at any table and chairs should not be moved between tables.
- For evening games the last drinks will be served by 9.30pm and all customers must leave the premises before 10pm when the doors will be locked.
The Chess Suite is our match day bar at Chesham United where we host around ninety matches each season. The bar stocks a range of draught ale, cider and lager currently featuring Marlow Brewery’s Rebellion IPA (branded as Generals Beer after the club’s nickname), Shipyard American IPA, Aspall cider, and Fosters, Carlsberg, Stella 4 & Estrella lagers. Plus a range of additional bottled drinks along with wines, spirits, soft cold & hot drinks, sweets & chocolate bars and crisps & snacks from Chesham’s own Salty Dog crisp company.
With three TVs, including a big screen projector, the clubhouse also has BT Sports showing live matches when available. Full length windows overlook the ground giving excellent views of action on the pitch with access straight onto the terracing. Drinks bought in the club are allowed on the terrace in plastic containers unless restrictions are in place for specific cup ties. Please ask for plastic when ordering from your table if you intend to take drinks outside.
First team matches
Chesham United’s first team play in the Premier Division South of the Southern Football League. Home matches are at The Meadow with 3pm kick offs on Saturday and midweek games usually on Tuesday at 7.30pm. We also host Aylesbury United first team fixtures in the Southern League Division One Central with home games scheduled on Saturday at 3pm and Wednesday at 7.45pm. Typically the bar will be open from noon for Saturday games and 6pm for midweek matches.
Entry to the ground, and to the bar on match days, is through the main turnstiles. Both home and away supporters, as well as casual visitors, can pay on the day with cash at the entrance turnstiles for the vast majority of games. If a game is declared as ‘all-ticket’ requiring advance purchase, which is extremely rare, it would be separately publicised when it became applicable. Once in the ground supporters are free to watch the game from whichever position they choose and to move around the ground – home and away fans are not segregated as a rule at this level unless specifically requested for one-off games. The clubhouse and bar is accessible from within the ground on matchdays. NB Only alcohol bought from the club bar is permitted within the clubhouse or ground and any discovered will be confiscated.
Adults – £10, Concessions (over 65s, students with ID) – £8, Under 18s – £3, U12s free.
Programme £2. Free Parking.
Ladies 1st XI matches
Our Ladies 1st XI play in the FA Women’s National League Division One South & West. Home matches are usually played at The Meadow on Sundays with a 2pm kick off though the time may vary for some cup ties. Some midweek games may be scheduled on Thursday evenings with a 7.45pm kick off. On Sundays the bar is open from noon regardless of whether there is a scheduled match.