Histon 6-5 Chesham United

Histon 6-5 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:30 pm

Histon Chesham United
Enol Ordonez 1 Shane Gore
Max York 2 John Kyriacou
Ashley White 3 Daniel Brathwaite
Stuart Wall 4 George Fenton
Danny Rumens 5 Nick Beasant
Curtis Fulcher 6 Toby Little
Eugene Libertucci 7 Ashley Smith
Ryan Auger 8 Tom McConway
Ayrton Bevins 9 Ryan Blake
Sam Ives 10 Mark Bell
Nick Freeman 11 Dave Pearce

Salim Relizani 12 Alex Brown
Miles Smith 14 Jack Harris
Lewis McDonald 15 Connor Wood
Luis McCoy 16 Robbie Cundy
Peter Clark 17 James Dobson

Relizani for Libertucci 71 Wood for Little 47
Smith for Wall 80 Dobson for Brathwaite 71
Harris for Bell 80

Freeman 7, 82 pen Beasant 3, 37
Wall 35 Bell 32
Ives 51 Blake 65, 90+4
Bevins 74
Relizani 90+1

York 64 Beasant 90+4
Rumens 77

Chesham United Man of the Match: Ryan Blake

Chesham managed to take the lead four times yet still lost, in a bizarre game that must have broken a few records. There are many games when someone says ‘If both sides taken all their chances it would have finished 6-5’ – well this was one of them.

Daniel Brathwaite returned at left back in place of Robbie Cundy, and Mark Bell replaced Simon Thomas in the only two changes to the starting line-up. Chesham took a third-minute lead when Dave Pearce crossed from the right touchline and Nick Beasant headed in at the near post. However the lead lasted only four minutes, Nick Freeman reaching the by-line on the left before moving the ball onto his right foot and shooting into the far corner. However there was little indication of what was to come as the next twenty minutes were largely uneventful. On 28 minutes a Mark Bell corner was cleared as far as Dave Pearce whose shot cannoned off a defender and over the bar, then at the other end Eugene Libertucci fired across the Chesham goal. On 32 minutes Chesham retook the lead when Mark Bell controlled a John Kyriacou cross and shot low into the corner of the net from just inside the area. Three minutes later Stuart Wall’s header from a right-wing corner was headed away by Mark Bell, but the linesman ruled that the ball had crossed the line for 2-2. However two minutes later Ashley Smith crossed, the ball came off a defender and Nick Beasant hooked the ball just inside the far post to make it 3-2. Histon could have equalised in the next minute when Nick Freeman’s low cross came to Ayrton Bevins, but he miskicked in front of goal. The home side then had a spell of pressure, but the half ended with Ryan Blake crossing from the left and home keeper Enol Ordonez just got to the ball ahead of Toby Little and Dave Pearce. Ordonez and Little collided and both limped off at the interval.

Toby Little was unable to run off his injury and was forced to go off just two minutes after the restart to be replaced by Connor Wood. On 51 minutes Histon equalised for a third time, when Sam Ives got behind the defence and shot low into the corner of the net. Connor Wood then set up Tom McConway whose shot was pushed away by Ordonez, then on 65 minutes Ashley Smith’s through ball split the home defence and Mark Bell set up Ryan Blake who shot in at the near post to restore Chesham’s lead. New signing James Dobson then came on for his debut in a straight swap for Daniel Brathwaite. On 74 minutes Histon equalised for the fourth time, when Chesham failed to clear a long throw from Max York and Ayrton Bevins netted from close range. On 82 minutes Nick Beasant attempted to block a left-wing cross from Nick Freeman, but with his arms raised above his head and the ball hit his hand. There could be little argument about the award of a penalty, which Freeman himself converted to give Histon the lead for the first time. Chesham desperately needed a win so even one goal would not be enough, so in the first minute of stoppage time Shane Gore went up for a Chesham corner. However the kick was cleared and Salim Relizani lobbed towards the vacant net from the half-way line, the ball just making it over the line to make the score 6-4. There was still time for Chesham to pull one goal back, when James Dobson’s free kick was not cleared by the home defence and Ryan Blake drilled home at the far post.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest