Chesham United 3-2 Biggleswade Town

Chesham United 3-2 Biggleswade Town

Postby Simon N » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Chesham United Biggleswade Town
Shane Gore 1 Ian Brown
Ashley Smith 2 Cameron Mawer
Daniel Brathwaite 3 Mark Coulson
Alex Brown 4 Gavin Hoyte
Nick Beasant 5 Steve Gentle
Luke Allen 6 Lee Allinson
Danny Talbot 7 Craig Daniel
Tom McConway 8 Kyal McNulty
Ryan Blake 9 Kelvin Bossman
Simon Thomas 10 Josh Beech
Dave Pearce 11 David Hutton

Connor Wood 12 Connor Roberts
Mark Bell 14 Jon Woolf
Reece Cameron 15 Josh Bamford
Ryan Towner 16 Sharif Ibrahim
- 17 -

Wood for Brathwaite 56 Woolf for Gentle 90+1
Bell for McConway 73 Roberts for Mawer 90+1
Towner for Wood 88 Ibrahim for Bossman 90+1

Thomas 51 Daniel 18
Allen 58 Bossman 23
Brown 82

Allinson 81

Chesham United Man of the Match: Luke Allen

At half-time it looked as if Chesham might be heading for their fifth straight defeat, but a fine second-half recovery secured victory against lowly Biggleswade.

Alex Brown returned in the centre of defence, enabling Ashley Smith to revert to right back in place of Ryan Towner. With Toby Little recovering from a rib injury, Daniel Brathwaite was originally named as a substitute but came into the starting eleven as a late replacement for Connor Wood who strained a muscle in the warm-up. Chesham could have taken the lead in the opening fifteen seconds, when Tom McConway blocked a clearance by Steve Gentle and Simon Thomas broke away to fire into the side netting. However Biggleswade had the better of the opening stages, Craig Daniel running from the halfway line before firing in a shot that Shane Gore dived to his left to parry. After a corner was cleared David Hutton’s shot came off the head of a team-mate and flew just over, but after 18 minutes Daniel again ran at the Chesham defence and shot low into the corner of the net to give the visitors the lead. Five minutes later it was 2-0 as Kelvin Bossman seized on a loose ball 30 yards out, and ran on to shoot past Shane Gore. Chesham began to put on some pressure for the first time, but the visitors could have added a third when a loose ball dropped to Bossman in the area but he miskicked and the ball flew well wide. Chesham’s best moments came late on in the half, Dave Pearce crossing just ahead of Ryan Blake, then Luke Allen’s shot hit Gavin Hoyte in the area and dropped to Ryan Blake whose effort was parried by visiting keeper Ian Brown.

Early in the second half Alex Brown headed over after Ashley Smith centred, but Chesham increased the tempo and after 51 minutes Tom McConway crossed from the left and Simon Thomas halved the deficit with a near-post header. Seven minutes later Simon Thomas crossed from the right, Luke Allen controlled and shot across the keeper into the far corner of the net to make it 2-2. Midway through the half Craig Daniel crossed to Kelvin Bossman who missed his kick at the far post, but the visitors had faded as an attacking force and seemed overly preoccupied with haranguing the referee about every decision that went against them. Ten minutes from time Mark Bell’s corner was cleared as far as the edge of the area, from where Danny Talbot shot for goal but Ian Brown tipped over. However two minutes later another Bell corner was headed goalwards by Nick Beasant, Alex Brown controlled and tapped in from close range for the winner. Three minutes later Craig Daniel again broke clear for Biggleswade but Shane Gore came out to parry. With Daniel Brathwaite still not fully fit Connor Wood had come on as a substitute after an hour, but was still struggling and was eventually replaced by Ryan Towner. Ryan Blake had also pulled a muscle late on, and eventually limped off leaving Chesham to finish the game with ten men. However Chesham successfully kept the ball away from the danger areas and held on for a morale-boosting win.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest