Chesham United 0-3 Cirencester Town

Chesham United 0-3 Cirencester Town

Postby Simon N » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Chesham United Cirencester Town
Shane Gore 1 Glyn Garner
Ashley Smith 2 Ian Herring
Toby Little 3 Ellis Dunton
Daniel Brathwaite 4 Mark Pritchett
Nick Beasant 5 Matt Liddiard
Luke Allen 6 Gethin Jones
Ryan Towner 7 Brad Hooper
Danny Talbot 8 James Mortimer-Jones
Ryan Blake 9 Nat Jarvis
Simon Thomas 10 Aiden Bennett
Dave Pearce 11 Josh Parsons

Mark Bell 12 Ed Williams
Connor Wood 14 Ben Wells
Tom McConway 15 Kyle Pitts
Alex Brown 16 Ollie Knight
Shaun Reece 17 -

Wood for Towner 72 Wells for Bennett 89
Bell for Little 83 Williams for Parsons 90+1
Knight for Hooper 90+3

Hooper pen 27
Parsons 38, 52

Allen 79 Dunton 72
Gore 83

Chesham United Man of the Match: Dave Pearce

Chesham failed to recover from Thursday’s loss in the Red Insure Cup. Chesham’s defensive problems again surfaced, as they went down to a third defeat in eight days during which time they have conceded 11 goals.

Shane Gore returned in goal after sitting out the Red Insure Cup defeat, Daniel Brathwaite returned in place of Alex Brown who was only fit enough for a place on the bench, and Danny Talbot went straight into the starting line-up after re-signing for the club on the morning of the match. Cirencester had more of the early possession but failed to stretch the Chesham defence. On 19 minutes Aiden Bennett was denied by a good tackle from Daniel Brathwaite and Nat Jarvis’ follow-up was parried by Shane Gore. However the turning point of the game came after 26 minutes, when Jarvis fell theatrically on the edge of the area after minimal contact and the referee awarded a penalty which Brad Hooper converted. Shortly afterwards Hooper had a clear shooting chance but shot straight at Shane Gore, then Chesham’s defence misjudged a long ball in the swirling wind and Jarvis collected only to shoot wide of the far post. After 38 minutes Shane Gore came out of his goal to punch away a free kick but the ball went straight to Josh Parsons who lobbed over the defence and just under the bar to make it 2-0. Chesham had rarely threatened, only coming close when a long cross from Ashley Smith forced keeper Glyn Garner to push the ball away to stop it entering the net at the near post.

In the first minute of the second half an angled drive by Jarvis was acrobatically saved by Shane Gore. Chesham had their first real moment of note when Luke Allen’s dipping shot just cleared the bar, but after 52 minutes Jarvis won the ball on the left and set up Parsons to tap in for Cirencester’s third. At the other end a Danny Talbot corner bounced about in the visitors’ penalty area before Garner saved, then a Talbot free kick was saved by Garner diving to his right. Midway through the half a long-range effort from Josh Parsons beat Shane Gore but flew just wide. Garner then produced a fine save to keep out Ryan Blake’s shot, then shortly afterwards Garner again excelled to keep out Daniel Brathwaite’s header from a Talbot corner. Late in the game Gore came out from his goal to clear but blocked off Aiden Bennett, but with other defenders covering Gore escaped with a yellow card. Gore then tipped over from the resulting free kick, taken by Bennett.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest