Burnham 0-2 Chesham United

Burnham 0-2 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Burnham Chesham United
Alex Lynch 1 Shane Gore
Josh Webb 2 Ashley Smith
Garry Jones 3 Toby Little
Brad Hewitt 4 George Fenton
Melchi Williamson 5 Darren Purse
Ben Brown 6 Luke Allen
Victor Osoby 7 Nathan Poulton
Nathan Webb 8 Tom McConway
Adam Bernard 9 Ryan Blake
Joshua Webb 10 Simon Thomas
John Gray 11 Dave Pearce

Gareth Risbridger 12 Mark Bell
Bademi Afolabi 17 Shaun Reece
Jack Thompson 14 Connor Wood
Tom O'Regan 15 Daniel Brathwaite
Kofi Lockhart-Adams 16 Eman Rowe

O'Regan for Gray 52 Wood for Little 70
Afolabi for Osoby 63 Bell for Smith 79
Lockhart-Adams for Bernard 77 Rowe for Blake 85

Thomas 37
Pearce 50

Williamson 31 Allen 13
Jones 47

Chesham United Man of the Match: Nathan Poulton

Chesham started the new year with a comfortable win over lowly Burnham. The game was never going to produce flowing football thanks to a pitch that looked as if a game had already been played on it, but Chesham were always in control and eventually ran out easy winners.

The only change to the team saw Tom McConway come in for Mark Bell in midfield. Chesham took control of the game from the start, and in the twelfth minute Luke Allen stole in unmarked but headed Dave Pearce’s cross over the bar. Shortly afterwards Simon Thomas sent Ryan Blake clear to shoot across the face of the goal from the right-hand edge of the penalty area. Chesham took the lead after 37 minutes when Darren Purse played the ball forward, Simon Thomas chested down and slipped the ball past the advancing keeper into the corner of the net. In stoppage time Toby Little took a free kick from wide on the right and attempted to beat home keeper Alex Lynch at his near post, but Lynch saved.

Five minutes into the second half Chesham made it 2-0, when great work by Ryan Blake on the right side of the area ended with a pull-back to Dave Pearce who shot into the roof of the net. Just after the hour mark Shane Gore was called into action for almost the only time in the game, pushing away a long-range effort from home sub Tom O’Regan. Shortly afterwards Josh Webb’s long shot from out on the left flew just wide of the near post, but the home side never looked like getting back into the game. Nine minutes from time Luke Allen played the ball forward and Ryan Blake looked to have timed his run to break clear but the linesman thought otherwise. Two minutes from the end of normal time Luke Allen’s surging run into the penalty area ended with a trip by Melchi Williamson for a clear penalty, which Allen took himself but shot wide. In stoppage time Darren Purse collected a loose ball and shot left-footed from 25 yards, but Lynch dived to his left to save.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests