Chesham United 0-0 Slough Town

Chesham United 0-0 Slough Town

Postby Simon N » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Chesham United Slough Town
Shane Gore 1 Jake Somerville
Ashley Smith 2 Sean Fraser
Toby Little 3 Ryan Parsons
George Fenton 4 Tom Moran
Darren Purse 5 Leigh Rumbold
Luke Allen 6 Ben Edwards
Nathan Poulton 7 Jake Parsons
Mark Bell 8 Adrian Sear
Ryan Blake 9 Scott Harris
Simon Thomas 10 Edward Smith
Dave Pearce 11 Luke Knight

Daniel Brathwaite 12 Reece Yorke
James Beasant 13/18 Oscar Betts
Tom McConway 14 Billy Jeffreys
Connor Wood 15 James Dobson
Shaun Reece 16 Johnnie Dyer

Wood for Bell 65 Dobson for Knight 76
Dyer for Smith 90

Purse 32 Fraser 66

Chesham United Man of the Match: Dave Pearce

Chesham and Slough took a point each from a Boxing Day encounter that rarely looked like being anything other than a goalless draw. While neither side did enough to win the game, Chesham can look back on a couple of major refereeing decisions that went against them.

Darren Purse returned after completing his three-match suspension, replacing the injured Alex Brown, while Mark Bell replaced Tom McConway in midfield. Slough had the better of the early stages but Chesham’s defence looked comfortable. Chesham had the first moment of danger when Jake Parsons gave the ball away, and Simon Thomas’ shot was saved by keeper Jake Somerville and the ball hacked to safety. Ryan Blake then looked to be pulled to the ground in the penalty area as he attempted to control Ashley Smith’s pass, but the referee gave nothing. Slough then forced Shane Gore into action for the first time, saving an Edward Smith header from Jake Parsons’ cross. As half-time approached Edward Smith shot well over after a run down the left by Scott Harris, then Jake Parsons’ angled drive had plenty of power but flew harmlessly wide of the near post.

Early in the second half a shot from Jake Parsons from just inside the Chesham area beat Shane Gore but came back off the far post. Seven minutes later a Parsons shot was going wide but Luke Knight got on the end of it only to head wide of the far post, but the linesman’s flag was up for offside anyway. However Chesham had the better of the later stages and Dave Pearce’s corners caused problems for the Slough defence. Midway through the half Somerville missed a Pearce corner and the ball was forced over the line, but the referee gave a foul on the keeper although there appeared to be little wrong with the challenge. Nine minutes later another Pearce corner was headed goalwards by Darren Purse but the effort was blocked and the ball cleared to safety. Two more Pearce corners found the head of Nathan Poulton, but one header was saved and the other off target. In stoppage time sub Connor Wood’s cross came through to Dave Pearce but his shot was blocked.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest