Biggleswade Town 1-3 Chesham United

Biggleswade Town 1-3 Chesham United

Postby Simon N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Biggleswade Town Chesham United
Ian Brown 1 Shane Gore
Conner Roberts 2 Ashley Smith
Mark Coulson 3 Toby Little
Stuart Farrell 4 Alex Brown
Steve Gentle 5 Daniel Brathwaite
Lee Allinson 6 Luke Allen
Craig Daniel 7 Nathan Poulton
Josh Beech 8 Tom McConway
Jonathan Edwards 9 Ryan Blake
Sam Ives 10 Simon Thomas
Greg Morgan 11 Dave Pearce

Cameron Mawer 12 Mark Bell
Kyal McNulty 13/17 James Beasant
Jon Wolfe 14 George Fenton
Lee Reed 15 Connor Wood
Andrew Iwediuno 16 Eman Rowe

Reed for Daniel 56 Fenton for Brathwaite 45
Wolfe for Ives 79 Wood for Blake 86

Edwards 60 Thomas 23
Brown 55
Pearce 80

Brown 56 McConway 37
Thomas 84
Poulton 90+3

Chesham United Man of the match: Simon Thomas

Once again Chesham came back from a home defeat with an away victory, and only one of Chesham’s six league defeats this season has been away from the Meadow. Biggleswade had the better chances in the first half although Chesham turned round with the lead, but after the interval Chesham were excellent and always looked the more likely winners.

Connor Wood was not fit enough to start, so Toby Little switched to left back and Tom McConway started in midfield. Chesham had the first chance after four minutes, Ryan Blake running at the defence before shooting high and wide. Biggleswade then created a good opportunity when Jonathan Edwards found Sam Ives in the box but Toby Little made a fine tackle. Greg Morgan cut in from the left and fired in a shot that Shane Gore did well to tip away, then from the resulting corner Gore palmed the ball to Sam Ives who headed over from a good position. Ives then headed wide from Mark Coulson’s cross, but Chesham came closer when a 35-yard effort from Dave Pearce clipped the top of the bar. On 23 minutes Pearce’s left-wing corner was headed down by Alex Brown and Simon Thomas converted at the far post for his first goal in eight weeks. At the other end Edwards headed well wide from a good position, then Shane Gore produced another sharp save to keep out a low shot from Ives. As half-time approached Edwards again forced Shane Gore to dive to turn the ball away, then Edwards headed wide of the near post from a cross by Conner Roberts.

Chesham took control of the early stages of the second half and home keeper Ian Brown came out of his goal to deny Ryan Blake, then Blake’s shot seemed destined for the far corner of the net but Brown dived and got a fingertip to the ball. Luke Allen took the resulting corner which was headed on by Alex Brown and Simon Thomas’ header was tipped over. This time the corner was on the Chesham right and Dave Pearce’s kick was headed in at the far post by Alex Brown, although Ian Brown claimed that he had been fouled and was booked for his protests. On the hour Biggleswade got back into the game after a rare error by Shane Gore, who dropped a looping right-wing cross giving Edwards a tap-in. However Chesham were soon back on the attack and Dave Pearce’s 25-yard shot was tipped over by Brown. The home team never looked like fashioning an equaliser and Chesham wrapped up the game with a well-worked goal ten minutes from time. Luke Allen sent Ryan Blake away down the left and Blake’s low cross was tapped in at the far post by Dave Pearce.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests