Chesham United 4-0 Beaconsfield Sycob

Chesham United 4-0 Beaconsfield Sycob

Postby Simon N » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Chesham United Beaconsfield Sycob
Shane Gore 1 Sam Bunting
Jack Mace 2 Tom Gant
Toby Little 3 Johnny Gray
George Fenton 4 Jed de Souza
Darren Purse 5 Tom Willment
Liam Malone 6 Jon Munday
Connor Wood 7 Omari Patrick
Mark Bell 8 Lee Togwell
Ryan Blake 9 Aaron Berry
Simon Thomas 10 Ollie Jones
Dave Pearce 11 Ashley Kelynack

Inih Effiong 12 Spencer Eales
Tashan Dwyer 14 Alex Murray
Tom McConway 15 James Harding
Alex Brown 16 -
Eman Rowe 17 -

McConway for Malone 27 Murray for Jones 45+2
Thomas for Effiong 71 Eales for Kelynack 65
Rowe for Blake 71 Harding for Patrick 65

Pearce 24, 82
Fenton 45+3
Wood 90+2

McConway 89 Willment 45+2
Munday 65

Chesham United Man of the Match: George Fenton

Chesham advanced to the semi-finals of the county cup with a comfortable victory over struggling Beaconsfield.

With Ashley Smith injured and Nathan Poulton ineligible, Jack Mace and Connor Wood made their first starts for the first team, while Tom McConway made his first-team debut as a substitute after a consistent season in the reserves. The other changes saw George Fenton and Inih Effiong come in for Alex Brown and Simon Thomas. Chesham made a slow start and the visitors had the better of the early exchanges but without looking like scoring, their only effort on goal from Ollie Jones flying well off target. Midway through the half Chesham began to come into the game and took the lead after 24 minutes, Inih Effiong reaching the by-line and pulling the ball back to Dave Pearce who turned and scored with a low shot. Four minutes later Effiong ran down the right and pulled the ball back to Ryan Blake who netted but the goal was mysteriously disallowed, apparently because Effiong was standing offside in front of the goalkeeper. Chesham then came close twice, firstly when Connor Wood’s low shot produced a smart save from keeper Sam Bunting, then George Fenton’s header from a Dave Pearce corner was blocked on the line. At the other end a long shot from Ollie Jones was deflected wide, but Chesham were now in command and looking for more goals. Mark Bell’s free kick from wide on the left came to George Fenton at the far post who was unable to turn the ball in from close range, Darren Purse headed wide from a Mark Bell corner, a Jack Mace cross came to Connor Wood who controlled and shot wide from a good position, then Ryan Blake sent Inih Effiong clear but Effiong failed to get enough height on his attempted lob and Bunting saved. However in the third minute of stoppage time George Fenton headed in Mark Bell’s corner to double Chesham’s lead.

With Beaconsfield posing little threat, Chesham looked comfortable in the second half without threatening to add to their tally, although five minutes after the restart Ryan Blake rounded Bunting and squared from the right but Tom Gant cleared away from Inih Effiong. Just after the hour mark Aaron Berry tried his luck from fully 35 yards but Shane Gore saved comfortably. Eight minutes from time Dave Pearce’s neat pass sent Connor Wood clear, Wood’s shot was saved by Bunting but Pearce netted the loose ball to make it 3-0. A long-range effort from Dave Pearce flew just wide, then Toby Little sent Dave Pearce away down the left and got on the end of the return but could only stab the ball wide of the far post. Two minutes into stoppage time a Pearce shot was parried by Bunting, but Connor Wood drove the loose ball into the net to round off the scoring with his first first-team goal.
Simon N
South Midlands Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm

Return to 1st XI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest